Jump to content
The Dark Mod Forums

grodenglaive

Member
  • Posts

    318
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    9

Everything posted by grodenglaive

  1. I had tried the separate brush by itself, but it didn't work. Oddly enough, I was able to complete the objective if I knocked her out first and dropped her in the escape zone!
  2. that did it! objective_ent wasn't set on lucia and I added the separate brush.
  3. thanks, yes it's correct. I just checked it again. lucia -all lower case.
  4. I'm having trouble getting the AI to complete an objective. It is set to complete when the AI named "lucia" goes to a certain location "EscZone". The AI path corner is in the middle of the location, but nothing happens when she goes there. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. EscZone is a big clip brush converted to info_tdm_objective_location. It is the same one I'm using for Mission Complete and it works when the player goes there, so I know it's functioning.
  5. It's there in v3.8.0 in my Windows version. I've been fighting with it all morning.
  6. I tried The Dark Mod VR with the new TDM 2.11, but unfortunately is was a no go.
  7. Thank you, that was a magical mission, which I thought was pretty cool. It took a good amount of exploring to complete all objectives on hard and it was enjoyable the whole time.
  8. I figured it out! I had deleted a previous desk in that location, but left behind the drawer collision boxes. I had the collision filter on, so I didn't see them (and also they didn't get selected for the test map I exported). Even though the boxes don't overlap with the position of the key, it was still interfering some how. Anyway, I deleted those and now I can frob the key.
  9. and now I just saw your post and tried your upload. That works too of course.
  10. I just tried the test map I sent you and now the key frobs for me as well.
  11. g1_office.mapg1_office.darkradiant Here it is!
  12. I'm having an odd issue placing a key in DR. If I place it on a desk, the character can't frob it, but I can put it on top of a cupboard or on the floor and it works fine. I'm not sure what's going on with the desk. I tried two different ones from the prefabs (desk1 and desk 2b) and I still run into the same problem. Strangely, there is a candlestick on the prefab desk and I can pick that up just fine, but not the key.
  13. haha, I was also concerned about about my sanity. Thanks, I never thought to try a different texture.
  14. OK, after some more experimenting, it appears the texture scale is not the same. In DR my building wall is 25.5 bricks high, but in DarkMod, the wall texture is 34.5 bricks tall.
  15. Another attempt. I selected all the brushes at once and reapplied the texture, went to the surface inspector, adjusted the scale, hit Natural, adjusted the vertical shift till it looked good in the preview window. Again, it is not aligned the same way in darkmod as it is in the DR preview. (texture is blocks_large_sandstone)
  16. I spent the morning aligning my windows inside and out with the wall brick textures, but after saving and dmap, it still looks off in-game. It's quite bizarre. I tried deleting the .cm and .proc, and running dmap again (several times) but it didn't help. I don't have any dmap errors either. Any ideas what is going on? additional info: rather than adjusting the textures I edited the brushes, grabbed all the relevant vertices and adjusted the height of the window recesses. On the outside of the house I moved the window facades. Everything is appears to be aligned perfectly in DR, but is way off when I run the game.
  17. After completing nearly every TDM mission, I'm finally working on one of my own. It won't be terribly long, but something manageable for my first fm. It starts out in a small wooded area, then ends up at a modest manor. Things are going pretty well so far. The environment and basic architecture are done, it just needs to be prettied up. After fixing many leaks, I also have all the Visportals working now. Challenges: I managed to successfully export an asset from Blender and texture it for tdm. I think this is the most difficult thing I've ever done. DarkRadiant didn't like the file generated from the Blender ASE exporter I'm using. I was able to correct the output by comparing the file to one from another fm and also figured out how to get the textures in there. It took me a couple days, but at least now I know the process. Currently adding furniture and AI.
  18. Thanks Jack, yes it was brushwork. It's all good now! (I updated my post)
  19. I ran into an odd issue today. I have a wall which appears in the editor window, but in the game it's invisible (or missing). What would cause that? I'm not getting any dmap errors. (edit) I fixed it. I had used the "Hollow" button instead of "Make Room" on the brush. I just moved the vertices around so there is no overlap and now it's working fine.
  20. Greetings, after completing nearly all the FMs, I finally started building my own. Fidcal's mapping tutorials and others have been really useful (thank you), but I have my first question (probably of many). I have a some bushes that I don't want the player to be able to climb on top of. I added the property "is_mantleable 0", but this made no difference. I also tried "allowStep 0", but no dice. I guess I could put a clip brush around it, just wondering if there was another way.
×
×
  • Create New...