The Dark Mod Forums

DR Not Working / DR Windows Not Updating

Raen

Hello, I downloaded the Dark Radiant tools and they don't seem to be working properly. The tools window (lower left corner with Entity, Media, Script, Console, etc.) works correctly, but the other two windows (I assume Ortho and 3D view) don't work. They display a plain white background with no detail. If I right-click on either of these windows, my mouse disappears. If I alternate between Full Screen and Not Full Screen, the windows will display a weird Hall of Mirrors effect. Likewise, if I open a new window such as View > Texture Tool or View > New XY View, then drag the window larger and smaller, I get a weird Hall of Mirrors in this window.

If I go to my computer's Display Settings and change my overall screen resolution, the Dark Radiant windows will update and display correctly. However, they go right back to their abnormal behavior when I start interacting with them. It doesn't appear any interaction with the editor's windows are possible. Creating a new map or opening an existing yields no visible results in the windows.

The vcredist_x86.exe is installed properly, and I have new drivers. I'm using a Steam installation of Doom3, but I have no problems running The Dark Mod itself. I'm using an NVidia GEForce 9800 GTX on Vista 32-bit. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Hey there Raen,

If its the problem I'm thinking of : please try disabling Aero and then running DR.

Should that work, you can enable Aero again and create a shortcut to DR and in its properties disable desktop/windows compositing.

Let us know if that sorts it out :)

Edited by Serpentine

That did the trick, thanks. I had to google this since I'd never heard "Aero" before; might be useful to post a quick link in the beginner's guide.

This is by far the biggest issue with DR in Vista/Win7, I'm pretty sure it's mentioned in the faq.....but if it's not we should add it for sure.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.