The Dark Mod Forums

New Ubuntu PPA for Linux darkradiant

OrbWeaver

I have created a new PPA (personal package archive) for hosting the darkradiant Ubuntu builds. It is available at:

https://launchpad.net/~orbweaver/+archive/darkradiant

including instructions for how to add the PPA to your APT sources.

This is a lot easier for me to upload packages to than the existing FTP repository (especially since I can just upload the source package and it builds the binaries automatically), so unless there are any significant problems I expect to use this PPA for future Linux releases. It also has the advantage of not using up Tels' generously-provided bandwidth.

I have created a new PPA (personal package archive) for hosting the darkradiant Ubuntu builds. It is available at:

https://launchpad.net/~orbweaver/+archive/darkradiant

including instructions for how to add the PPA to your APT sources.

This is a lot easier for me to upload packages to than the existing FTP repository (especially since I can just upload the source package and it builds the binaries automatically), so unless there are any significant problems I expect to use this PPA for future Linux releases. It also has the advantage of not using up Tels' generously-provided bandwidth.

Ah, ok. I did get an updated DR package, tho, without having known about the new PPA. (IIRC 1.2.x)

So, should/could I delete the package on bloodgate.com? (the bandwith I have plenty, but not the HD space)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Ah, ok. I did get an updated DR package, tho, without having known about the new PPA. (IIRC 1.2.x)

So, should/could I delete the package on bloodgate.com? (the bandwith I have plenty, but not the HD space)

I did do a 1.2.3 release from the Bloodgate repository, but it was quickly superseded by a release through Launchpad.

I think it is safe for you to delete the Bloodgate repository, the only packages in it that aren't in Launchpad are the ones for older distributions which are so hopelessly out of date that anyone using them will probably have built from source anyway.

I did do a 1.2.3 release from the Bloodgate repository, but it was quickly superseded by a release through Launchpad.

I think it is safe for you to delete the Bloodgate repository, the only packages in it that aren't in Launchpad are the ones for older distributions which are so hopelessly out of date that anyone using them will probably have built from source anyway.

Yeah, true. Thanx for the PPA idea, saves me a lot of trouble. Just tested it, worked like a charm and installed 1.3 for 64bit here.

Edit: 47 Mbyte saved, desp. needed as I run at 2870 of 3000 Mbyte :) Also removed our wiki page and simply pointed it at the launchpad page instead.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Edit: 47 Mbyte saved, desp. needed as I run at 2870 of 3000 Mbyte :) Also removed our wiki page and simply pointed it at the launchpad page instead.

If we move the TDM source code packages from bloodgate to some other host, we can save another few dozens of MB. We could put them on Dram's FTP, just say the word.

Or we get rid of the saintlucia package from your server, this gives you some instant 400 MB.

If we move the TDM source code packages from bloodgate to some other host, we can save another few dozens of MB. We could put them on Dram's FTP, just say the word.

Or we get rid of the saintlucia package from your server, this gives you some instant 400 MB.

Just looked, the source is only 33 Mbyte all three together, that is about 1 big FM :) I'd rather kick the SL package, and if push comes to show, I'll do this. Maybe someone could save it to drams FTP first? (I am reluctant to let it go for history reasons)

For now, the space is ok, though I would sleep better with a bigger margin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...