The Dark Mod Forums

Downloadable missions

dumpkin

The ingame "Online Mission Archive" lists some missions I already have installed, but doesn't indicate them as an update.

missions.jpg 

Chalice, Crown, Outpost and Return to the City seem to be the "old" versions. Looking into the file "missions.tdminfo" I found the following lines:

tdm_missioninfo 2490
{
}

tdm_missioninfo 2490_chalice
{
}

tdm_missioninfo 2491
{
}

tdm_missioninfo 2491_crown_of_penitence
{
}

tdm_missioninfo 2492
{
}

tdm_missioninfo 2492_outpost
{
}

[and for return to the city]

tdm_missioninfo return_to_the_city
{
}

Maybe there is some relation to the folder name? Furthermore I don't have any folder 2490, 2491 or 2492. 

Also, Lockdown part 1 didn't show up.

The ingame "Online Mission Archive" lists some missions I already have installed, but doesn't indicate them as an update.

Chalice, Crown, Outpost and Return to the City seem to be the "old" versions. Looking into the file "missions.tdminfo" I found the following lines:

Maybe there is some relation to the folder name? Furthermore I don't have any folder 2490, 2491 or 2492.

Also, Lockdown part 1 didn't show up.

Can you show me your darkmod/fms/ folder structure? If that doesn't give insights, I'd be interested in the darkmod.log file with LC_MAINMENU switched on (plus all Log Types like DEBUG, INFO, etc.).

Ah, I see where the 2492 in "2492_outpost" is coming from. It seems the TTLG mirror is adding the number to their download - I can't really control that, the mod name is directly deduced from the PK4 filename, and therefore you have a mission "2492_outpost" installed, and the online mission archive is offering an "outpost" mission.

I recommend removing the 24xx_mission folders and getting them afresh.

the mod name is directly deduced from the PK4 filename

So how do you know which is the correct name in the mission archive?

For "Return to the City" there are mirrors with "return_to_the_city.pk4" and others with "Return_to_the_City.pk4". As my installed one is all lower case, renaming and reinstalling it should then solve it, I guess?

Edited by dumpkin

The mod name deduced from your local fms/ folder is converted to lower case - camel case names shouldn't be the problem here. The mission database itself should list mod names in lowercase too, but I see there is an error in there. The online database lists "Return_to_the_City" which is wrong. I'll fix that in the DB.

edit: fixed.