The Dark Mod Forums

Missing config files?

Bugaw

On some missions at loading I receive this message:

Joint 'Hips' not found for attachment position 'Hip_Sheath_L' on entity 'Atdm_AI_Citywatch_1'

I then have to click the OK to go back to the main screen. I cannot play some missions. I tried to re-download but get the same results.

Also when I install a mission to play and go to start the mission it will start to load then go back to the main screen. No sound afterwards and then have to start again. It always works on the second load.

That's a generic error message that usually means that an AI entity or animation is missing. I'm puzzled why it would work on the second load, though. I've never seen that happen before.

Well, that sounds like you're missing some files. Have you run the updater again to make sure something didn't get corrupted the first time?

I will try the updater again and reply. On another note when I initially ran TDM on installation the site Bloodgate.com would hang on 0% everytime. I would cancel out and start the updater again....it would pull the needed files from another site just fine. Don't know if there is a problem with that site.

I will try the updater again and reply. On another note when I initially ran TDM on installation the site Bloodgate.com would hang on 0% everytime. I would cancel out and start the updater again....it would pull the needed files from another site just fine. Don't know if there is a problem with that site.

If that happens, are there any error messages? At what file does it hang exactly? The site should work fine, if not, I'll need to fix it.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

No error messages. I read each line. Everything seemed copesetic.

It wasn't just one file. When I first noticed it, I shut down the updater and restarted. My progress was still intact and I believe it was the tdm_game02.pak on the first time around. The updater ran for a while then again connected to Bloodgate.com for a different file (don't remember) and then the same thing again.

Should I uninstall/re-install?

Edited by Bugaw

I just re-downloaded TDM. Still recieved the same problem with Bloodgate.com. IDK if it's on my end but that is the only seed that dosen't work for me. Anyhow, I copy and pasted the initial download to another folder and after completing the sencond full download I copy and pasted the fms folder over. I installed one of the files that was not working and it loaded up no problem. First time without having to load it a second time. I guess on the first download I was missing some files somehow.

All seems fine for now.

I'v tried to reproduce the problem with bloodgate.com, and it indeed fails to download anything from there.

It seems our tdm_mirror.txt contains an additional space, which the updater fails to remove, so using the bloodgate.com entry never works. I have tracked this here: http://bugs.angua.at/view.php?id=3208

Thank you for your report!

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Folks!

First off, just want to say hello to all! Been an avid fan of the Thief franchise since it first came out...hooked right off the bat!!

Have an issue with the TDM, figured I wouldn't start a new thread for the exact same issue as the OP had.

I've uninstalled...reinstalled...tried deleting the tdm_game02.pak and running the tdm updater again, result being 'no joy'.

Attached is a screenshot of the actual error, not sure if this will help? Please note that the 'name' after "entity" is different dependant on the map loaded.

Running a Steam purchased copy of D3 of an Asus G53S, used to work no problems however didn't play for a while; when I started playing again the errors occured. I can, however, play this game no problems at all on my desktop computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, and thanks in advance!

-S

post-11351-0-86036100-1348024941_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I can only say what I said earlier. That's a generic error message that usually means that an AI entity or animation is missing in the map you're trying to load. The most likely way for that to happen for end users is a missing or corrupt .pk4.