The Dark Mod Forums

T2 Fan Mission: A Better Tomorrow by DrK (Haloween contest)

Bikerdude

A Better Tomorrow by DrK

title.jpg

Story:

It all started a few days ago. They said it was a plague devastating the land, but it was something else, something worse... The City as I knew it, is no more.

My plan is to reach the Mechanist complex on Markham's Isle, it should be safe there. But one of these things has cornered me in this room. It knows I'm here, waiting patiently for me to move. Greenbay Quarter is nearby, and I need to find food and water. I've got no options left. All I can do for now is find my way out, and hope for a better tomorrow...

Download links:

- Mediafire link

- Thiefmissions link

Notes:

DrK tried to propose something a bit different from the usual thief gameplay. The main objective is to survive.The mission is based on one of my previous missions, Greenbay. It's entirely in black and white, except for the skybox and the flares lights. As soon as you enter the game, the very first thing to do is to listen to the victrola in front of you for a quick briefing about the situation. Then, it’s up to you…

Misc:

You should have an original and clean installation of the game. I recommend you uninstall graphic packs before playing this mission.

The mission was designed to be played in black and white, any graphical pack would ruin the experience…

Comments:

I had goosebumps for the first 20 mins... This will quite literately and goodly shock, most people. I myself jumped in my chair and almost dropped the mouse on at least 2 occasions... Yet again DrK has proved he is one of the undisputed Dromed master's of the art.

Have fun :D

I played the Rockbourg series up until the Transition Zone (?) in Ink and Dust, at which point I got so unnerved I couldn't carry on playing. Just finished watching it on Fenn's and frankly that was scary enough.

The guy's a genius but I'm going to wait for Fenn to do a Let's Play and watch it there.

**whimper**

You have to face your fears, my friend! :)

OK...challenge accepted...dl'ed and started playing and it did a Shalebridge on me within three minutes

just caught a glimpse of a (the?) thing. Help mummy....

Gotta say I like the apocalyptic set-up, and LOVE the black & white, er, black & whiteness of it (apart from the glimpses of sky through the occasional skylight, which have a greeny-blue tint).

I'll carry on tomorrow. During the day.

Ooh. And Fen (not Fenn - sorry) has an LP already...

You have to face your fears, my friend! :)

Is this horror-themed? If so, I might put it on my to-do list, but I havent played thief in many years...

If you like interesting architecture, good level design and a great atmosphere (the very things that make Thief great) then you owe it to yorself to play this.

As for being horror, well it certainly scared the crap out of me.

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker