The Dark Mod Forums

New player needs missions.

Grey565

Hello people, hearing that TDM was standalone i decided to get my sneak fix and well as you can guess, i nee some good "starter" missions to get me used to the game. So far i have grasped the basics have have compleated "Tears of st.lucia" almost entirely stealth minus a few slip ups, so if people could reccomend some good kinda long ish missions that dont need a master thief to finsh i would be a very happly little sneakthieft

A great place to start is any of the original missions: The Outpost, Business as Usual, Return to the City, etc. You can see the release dates here. Sort by date to find the earliest missions.

(I of course will shamelessly plug my own missions, Somewhere Above the City and WS1: In the North.)

Every mission has something to offer.

If you're looking for longer missions, a Very Rough gauge is the "mission size" column on that fan mission page. Sort it by size. That'll give you a rough idea of how much material comes with a mission, and the longer ones tend to be larger (new music, new textures, larger map, etc.)

Welcome, and best of luck. Enjoy!

I concur that the smaller missions like "The Outpost" and Trapped!" and "Thieves" are a good place to start.

After these...

Try the new mission Requiem. IT IS BLOODY EXCELLENT (I'm not even from the UK and I used the word bloody as an expletive here).

Grayman's "Somewhere above the City" and "William Steele: In the North" sorta match all your critera. Longish, high quality, do not require a master taffer.

Alberic's Curse by Bikerdude and Jesps "Flakebridge Monastery" for a good Halloween scare.

Melan's "Return to the City", Fiasco at Fauchard Street" and "Penny Dreadful" ... because he is a mission making God. (But these are a bit challenging).

Also, Sotha's "John Porter" series missions are primo. Especially "The Transaction" (also sort of challenging...)

Kvorning's "Lords and Legacy" if you're in the mood to climb stuff and see one of the largest city-scapes yet.

Check out this Thread:

http://forums.thedar...5-tdm-missions/

Edited by nbohr1more

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Not and Ordinary Guest is largish, varied (instead of difficulty levels, you can play it as an assassin, burglar or saboteur), and not terribly hard.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

There have been so many high quality releases leading up to TDM 2.0. Everyone wanted to put their best foot forward for the arrival of

our larger audience. I can't help but sound like I'm gushing when I speak about all these... Yes, NAOG is an excellent mission. If you want a

few missions that have a bit more of the St Lucia type flavor, try The Builder's Influence and A Score to Settle (another more challenging one).

They are as close to official team missions as possible with Springheel's involvement.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)