The Dark Mod Forums

A Sugggestion...

Rottenberry

Yeah - they should not be considered priority material.

I think it's normally better for women's voices to be played by women. I certainly couldn't do a woman's voice!

As for modelling - yes, these high-detail models are far harder than the more blocky T1/2 ones. I've modelled a face with some success, but it seems I can never get the character that others can, although that could be due to lack of textures!

As for normalmaps, it's not a question of detail, it's a question of it not looking "quite right" and also, not having enough experience to always know the best way to start modelling, giving me problems later on.

--

Somethin' fishy's goin' on here... Come on out, you taffer!

~The Fishy Taffer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - they should not be considered priority material.

I think it's normally better for women's voices to be played by women. I certainly couldn't do a woman's voice!

Well, I personally think they should be in the toolset when it's released. Really, if they're not planned for...they will never be done.

As for women playing women... :lol: of course, I certainly won't have any men playing womens parts. It's not Shakespeare.

THey are planned for - they're top of the list of nice but unessential, extras that are all going to be done when the important stuff is finished.

The female guards should have different abilites, like being worse at everything just like in real life. If they're going to be the same as male guards, there's no point. We can give them the increased view cone Domarius invented, to compensate for their poor swordsmanship, strength, speed, skill and marksmanship.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

THey are planned for - they're top of the list of  nice but unessential, extras that are all going to be done when the important stuff is finished.

The female guards should have different abilites, like being worse at everything just like in real life. If they're going to be the same as male guards, there's no point. We can give them the increased view cone Domarius invented, to compensate for their poor swordsmanship, strength, speed, skill and marksmanship.

:lol: Dude, there is so going to be a lynch mob coming for you now. Ha ha.

Well, colour is a valid reason for including them.

If you want them to have different abilities (of course, they could just be 'butch' women) then they should deliver a little less damage and be a little slower. Not have less health, and not have the increased view cone, IMHO. If guards had to be balanced but different, then why have different monsters? ;)

If you ask me, though, they should be there simply for the variety and innovation, and be the same, skillfully as other guards. Otherwise noone would hire them!

--

Somethin' fishy's goin' on here... Come on out, you taffer!

~The Fishy Taffer

:lol: Dude, there is so going to be a lynch mob coming for you now. Ha ha.

Even considered why women have their own liitle side events in the olympic games?

I've nothing against women - their breasts alone justify their place in the universe...

THe various factions and monsters all have different abilites which justify their place in the game. If women aere to be in the game then we may as well make them have different strengths and weaknesses as well, not just male guard with a pair of tits attached.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Should should be able to scream for assistance at a higher octave.

Like oDDity I'm against female guards. It's just unrealistic.

If am for female City Watch members, however. It’s the 'Get Women off the Streets and Into Work' initiative begun by the Duke. “Prostitution is not the only choice for unsupported women!”

Edited by Macsen

Women aren't worse at EVERYTHING oDDity :blink: Glad you are in favor of my gameplay suggestion though.

(off topic)

There's scientific evidence for a lot of general differences in the performance of women over men.

Some include:

Higher pressure tolerance - women would be better suited than men to working in submarines, since they can stay down there for 2 months. Men can only stay down there for about 30 days before they need to re-surface, or else they get this weird "madness".

Higher pain tolerance.

Focus on multiple things at once, both mentally and visually - ever heard the term "Male blindness"? How familiar is the situation (male)"Honey, we don't have any butter". "Yes we do, it's right there" "No, it's not." *woman walks in, sees it straight away* Because men have to focus on one thing at a time, they're like a terminator: Analyse object: negative, not butter. Analyse object: negative, not butter.

Women see the whole scene at once.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

THat's all anecdotal nonsense and myth. There's no real hard evidence that women can multi-task better than men, or have a higher pain or pressure tolerence.

Even it it were true, so what? - so women can say locked up together for longer than men without losing it (except when they all hit their periods of course , and women's mensturation cycles do start to syncronise after a certain length of time )

Higher pain tolerence? What's the purpose in that? It's the hope of every human to stay as far away from pain as possible, so being able to tolerate a bit more isn't much of a boast.

Multi-task? So they can do more tasks at once, but they're not as good as men at any of them ...

- not much of a list , is it?

- Emil Zola

character models site

You're over simplifying. For example, higher pain tolerance can mean a higher chance of keeping it together in dangerous situation if you're hurt.

Anyway... back to art discussion before this gets locked :) Plus I think you're being deliberately obtuse to spark more heated debate :)

Anyway... back to art discussion before this gets locked :) Plus I think you're being deliberately obtuse to spark more heated debate :)

Who, me?

You're over simplifying.  For example, higher pain tolerance can mean a higher chance of keeping it together in dangerous situation if you're hurt.

And when do women ever get into those situations? Are you suggesting women should take over frontline combat?

I think you're right, it's about time they had their share of bloody, pointless death, but of course every nation would have to agree to send women only onto battle, and the muslims would never stand for it.

Macsen "They have higher pain tolerence 'cause they have to give birth. Its like the scariest shit you've ever had multiplied by ten."

And how do you know that? Ever given birth yourself? Maybe it isn't that painful at all, and the only reason women make such a big deal oiut of it is becasue they've actually got a really low pain threshold.

Pain is not a tangible thing that can be measured, it's comparative, so it's a pointless subject.

- Emil Zola

character models site

And how do you know that? Ever given birth yourself? Maybe it isn't that painful at all, and the only reason women make such a big deal oiut of it is becasue they've actually got a really low pain threshold.

I think having your crotch split open and pushing a watermelon sized thing through the resulting hole would hurt like all get out.

I, for one, have seen live shows where women have inserted things larger than a newborn baby's head into their vaginas for fun. THey just like to whinge for effect.

Women can't even take credit for babies - we do all the work at the start, then they just hang around for nine months while the baby grows automatically with no help or input from them, and pops out when it's ready :)

- Emil Zola

character models site