The Dark Mod Forums

Can no longer select textures / brushes in maps from previous builds (and crash on rotate hollow face).

teh_saccade

Hi,

Today I opened up an old map to copy/paste out some mechanism so I didn't have to rebuild it - I've also tried importing it.

However, it turns out that when I try to select any brush or any mesh (patch, whatever) - it is no longer grouped - it tells me:

Loading map from D:/maps/event003.map

Open file D:/maps/eve.map from filesystem...success.

PICO_ERROR: Could not find material/submaterial for id 1/0

Open file D:/maps/event003.darkradiant from filesystem...failure

Failure opening file:

D:/maps/event003.darkradiant

map load timer:  1.73 second(s) elapsed

--- LoadMapFile ---

D:/maps/eve.map

[shaders] Unable to load texture: textures/particles/smokepuffalpha

...and I cannot select some object.

It appears that the properties, such as spawnargs and script calls are missing also.

This appears to be happening for many of the older map files (2015-2016, not from this latest run in 2017) that contain a single building, object/device or area that I would usually import into the main map as part of a modular building and testing routine.

(also to easily fix and tweak according to main.map).

Everything was made using stock textures - is this a case of some texture has been retired or perhaps that my directory structure is not the same as it used to be (I gave DR and TDM its own partition on a drive - D for Dark Mod - when updating to the latest versions, for tidiness sake - a working habit).

Am I being dense here and doing something wrong..?

textures/particles/smokepuffalpha shader still exists in media.

it is defined in materials/tdm_particles_legacy.mtr.

There is no description, however the thumbnail is "shadernotfound" black/blue.

textures/particles/smokepuffalpha

{

qer_editorimage textures/particles/smokepuffalpha.tga

translucent

noShadows

{

blend    gl_one,gl_one

map textures/particles/smokepuff.tga

vertexColor

}

}

It is a stock texture, I am sure...

Any clue as to what is going on here..?

I can't figure it out as I am unable to select anything to remove it from the map.

Also, making something hollow and rotating a face is causing DR to crash every time...

Perhaps it needs a reinstall..?

Apparently, making this post has fixed it...

Perhaps the shader needed applying in a new map to investigate its properties in order for it to be reloaded in the old map?

idk - that's all I did other than make this post, so I'm going with the fact I wrote about it fixed it because that makes more sense than any technical explanation.

// also able to rotate a complex face without issue now - the crash appears to also have vanished now it has been mentioned...

Edited by teh_saccade