The Dark Mod Forums

Why is it as complicated to download missions now ?

^^artin

I got an empty list for downloading missions from thedarkmod currently, telling me I may download nevertheless.

Possible  I could download from the game itself but couldn't sort the missions list by date, e.g.

Some days ago I was still able to download from the wiki list, but somehow this also doesn't work any longer - just gets me to the mentioned above empty missions list now.

Am I blind or dumb ?

Why has it to be that difficult and uncomfortable ? Does Darkmod has a deathwish somehow ?

Edited by ^^artin

You can look up missions and sort them on the wiki. Then find that mission name in the in-game DarkMod mission downloader and install them. It's inconvenient, but it does work.

I think your points are valid:

1. I can't see any missions on the official mission page and it's been like that for a while. I think this page should redirect to the wiki missions page until it's fixed.
  2. I can't sort missions in the in-game DarkMod download page. This is a work-in-progress project discussed here.
  3. On the wiki I can't click on the mission titles, those redirects to the broken official mission page instead of the relevant forum mission thread that I'd expect to see. These links should be updated and link to the correct mission thread.
  4. On the wiki I can download missions up to 2013 through the B-icon, but other download links are broken or missing. For clarity, I think the B-icon should be changed to the word "download". Maybe someone can update these download links on the wiki if they have or know about a working mission mirror?
4 hours ago, ^^artin said:

Am I blind or dumb ?

Why has it to be that difficult and uncomfortable ? Does Darkmod has a deathwish somehow ?

Let's not overreact though. There are working alternatives for everything. The best possible solution is that every player can just fire up the TDM game and start downloading and playing missions without having to take the effort to go to a website mission page, a forum or wiki. This is what the project from point 2 is about. I do think that the official mission page is important to promote recent TDM content and show the variety of missions TDM offers for new players.

From working on commercial online services since 2008, I know most customers don't take the effort to provide any feedback. If the service doesn't work, they just go away. It doesn't help to point the few customers that do complain the way around service problems, because you're still missing out on the silent majority. If I can compare The Dark Mod to such an online service, then I do think in its current state The Dark Mod is missing out on a lot of potential players.