The Dark Mod Forums

Gtkradiant 1.5 Rc1 Is Out

Ok, I merged some fixes from GtkRadiant rev. 136 & 138:

- Weird shiftvalues are now hidden to the user, shiftvalues will stay in ]-shader_size;shader_size[ range for display.

- Fixed "jumping" texcoords when switching to a shader with different size

- The bug "Selecting translucent brushes, such as clip, cause them to disappear leaving only the red selection box.

I did not port the Anisotropy fix, as I'm not sure if this is fitting into our code and I don't know these code parts too well.

I haven't looked into the brushexport plugin yet, maybe if I can find some more time the next few days.

It looks like the improved BrushExport plugin doesn't fit (yet) into our repository as there are several references to Face::getWinding() (residing in the legacy brush.h file). This method is now in brush/Face.cpp, and is out of reach for the linker.

I think this will have to wait until we have a proper Brush / Face interface defined, so that plugins can easily manipulate the primitives.

I think this will have to wait until we have a proper Brush / Face interface defined, so that plugins can easily manipulate the primitives.

I concur. It is better to wait for a proper interface than try to create a hack which bypasses the interfaces entirely.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• nbohr1more

Was checking out old translation packs and decided to fire up TDM 1.07. Rightful Property with sub-20 FPS areas yay! ( same areas run at 180FPS with cranked eye candy on 2.12 )
      · 2 replies
    • taffernicus

i am so euphoric to see new FMs keep coming out and I am keen to try it out in my leisure time, then suddenly my PC is spouting a couple of S.M.A.R.T errors...
      tbf i cannot afford myself to miss my network emulator image file&progress, important ebooks, hyper-v checkpoint & hyper-v export and the precious thief & TDM gamesaves. Don't fall yourself into & lay your hands on crappy SSD

· 5 replies
    • OrbWeaver

Does anyone actually use the Normalise button in the Surface inspector? Even after looking at the code I'm not quite sure what it's for.
      · 7 replies
    • Ansome

Turns out my 15th anniversary mission idea has already been done once or twice before! I've been beaten to the punch once again, but I suppose that's to be expected when there's over 170 FMs out there, eh? I'm not complaining though, I love learning new tricks and taking inspiration from past FMs. Best of luck on your own fan missions!
      · 4 replies