The Dark Mod Forums

Model Request

Springheel

Now that the inventory is working, I'd like to make a request for specific player tool models. I think the next stage is to start getting the player tools working, and we'll need models to go along with them.

We need the following things:

*blackjack (exists in md5mesh form, need .lwo for map use--current one is only modelled on one side, I believe)

*spyglass (we might want an open and closed version)

http://www.stanleylondon.com/tele16-7.jpg

*mine

http://thief.ovh.org/ekwipunek3/mine.jpg

http://www.thief-thecircle.com/thief3/show.../t3art/mine.jpg

http://www.thief-thecircle.com/thief3/show...ressor_high.jpg

*flashbomb

http://www.mindplaces.com/save/flashbomb.jpg

Small throwable rock (apple-sized)

Breath Potion (Something like the image below, though not necessarily so round)

Speed Potion (no concept yet)

post-9-1171813446_thumb.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like urgent thing... I'll start doing them now.

EDIT:

Blackjack:

blackjack_prop.jpg

I've done some minor tweaks - completed some missing geometry and corrected uv layout. That big seam is visible only from one side, cause it has no normal map info on the other side (as Spring mentioned). I can do that manually in Photoshop if you feel need for that, but I think it's not worth spending time on it - it looks OK as it is, cause it's dark and you can't see much details on that. Besides that, blackjack is the model which will "disappear" from the screen as soon as player can see it... ;)

General question - do we want all equipment to be moveable?

You can check the ftp site...I don't know if it was ever uploaded. I have a feeling I would have found it already if so.

I recreated flashbomb model basing less or more on our concepts:

flashbomb_hipoly.jpg

Before I make a texture I prefer you accept that model or suggest some changes. I'm not sure what are that round things inside those small tubes supposed to be made of. Glass..? I can put some nice metal texture on the rest. But to be honest with you - it's not really the thing I feel - I'm doing it mostly for the sake of my love to this mod... ;)

But to be honest with you - it's not really the thing I feel - I'm doing it mostly for the sake of my love to this mod... ;)

What do you mean? That you would rather make this model differnt, or do something else entirely? If the first, then by all means go ahead. The concepts are just for inspiration. :)

Gerhard

What do you mean? That you would rather make this model differnt, or do something else entirely?

I meant the latter. :) Well, it's not that I'm unhappy to do it - it's just that my mind is not very creative for things like mechanical tools and I prefer to follow some concepts rather then making up my own ones.

Before I make a texture I prefer you accept that model or suggest some changes.

Thanks Pinkdot, I appreciate you making these even though they're not your favourite thing (on a side note, do we still have a coder working on making the flashbomb work?)

The original concept wasn't done by me, so I'm not entirely sure what is supposed to be made of what material.

I could image that round bit at the back being a metal cover that slides open before the flash goes off. The rest would just be metal or ceramic, I imagine. If you don't feel inspired to make a texture for it, I'd be happy to do it. :)

Thanks Spring for your help - I'll try making texture on my own first - I feel it more than the model itself. I would see the cover made of metal and that big hole made of glass - that's where the flash would go out. Just diffrent idea, but if you prefer I can make it something like focus in a camera.

Well, whatever way we try to explain the way it works it'll be still kind of magic anyway... ;)

Are we going to have a gas mine as well? It's not on the above list (I've just noticed that... :unsure: ) but it was among other concepts and I have just modeled it...

gasmine_hipoly.jpg

Vents are meant to be on those three hollow parts and I'll make normal maps for them from texture.

So... please give me positive answer... :)

I don't know if a gas mine was on our official list of tools, but it's certainly nice to have one anyway. :)

How to make this gas mine goes into equipment while frobbed? Is this system working already? Should I bind some keys for using inventory?

It' already defined as moveable and works fine. I made also def for inventory and icon as well, but I don't know what to do next...

gasmine_icon.jpg

It has alpha channel as well.

entityDef atdm:equipment_gasmine
{
"inherit"			"atdm:inventory_base"
"spawnclass"			"idMoveableItem"
"model"				"models/darkmod/player_equipment/gas_mine.lwo"
//"toolclass"			"gas_mine"
//"type"				"t"
"inv_name"			"Gas mine"
"inv_category"			"Mines"
"inv_map_start"			"3"	// 1 if the player should get an object on mapstart (default)
"inv_icon"			"guis/assets/hud/inventory_icons/gasmine_icon"
"inv_target"			"player1"	// default owner
"inv_stackable" 		"1" 
"inv_loot_type"			"0"	// 0 = No loot, 1 = Jewels, 2 = Gold, 3 = Goods
"inv_dropable"			"1"
}

It' already defined as moveable and works fine. I made also def for inventory and icon as well, but I don't know what to do next...

You don't have to worry about all that, Pink. I planned on making all the entityDefs for them so they'll go in inventory--I just needed the models so I could make the icons. :)

Jesus, PinkDot... how come your textures are always so good? :huh:

Don't mind me, I'm just slightly jealous of your talent. :P:wub:

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Thanks folks! ;)

You don't have to worry about all that, Pink. I planned on making all the entityDefs for them so they'll go in inventory--I just needed the models so I could make the icons.

OK, I'll leave it like that. But I was just going to learn it anyway sooner or later, just for my own purposes. (I found some sparhawk's article on WIKI, which covers this topic, I think).

Do you want this icon or you prefer to make your own. (I'm not sure if that's the style for inventory you want to keep)

I'm going to synch at the beginning of March - I'm afraid of exceeding the bandwith limit this month...

hat should be either 0 or 1. There is a description on the wiki which should explain the details.

Oh, I haven't read that article completely yet. I thought it was the starting quantity, which I wanted to give for testing purposes...