The Dark Mod Forums

Info On Importing Ascottk's Rigs Into Motion Builder

Domarius

PM from squill;

He Domarius.. what settings/ways do you use when importing the fxb files from MB in Maya?

I've tried to use fbx_import.mb to import the fxb file but i'm not able to get the animations to import right. After import i only get the model without skeleton in T-pose.

thx

First, load the AnimRef_idle.fbx into Motion Builder, and animate with that. (I think that's the filename, but I'm at work and can't check).

Hm I'll be able to make more reliable instructions when I get home and look at my notes.

Before exporting, you have to do this ritual; up on the top right where the picture of the man is, there are some drop down menus... I think you want the one called "Edit". Anyway the option you need to find is "Plot rig" Just click OK on the dialogue box that comes up.

Then click File, export, and it will be a special FBX that only has animation. YOu can tell because the file-type selector says "FBX - Animation only." Save this as an fbx file.

In Maya, open the fbx_import.mb. THen go File, Import, and choose your FBX file. You may need to install the FBX importer plugin. Choose the Merge option on the importer dialogue.

The animation should play correctly and you should be able to save this as walk.mb or whatever animation name you want, and then use the usual Doom 3 export process to get it into Doom 3.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• nbohr1more

Was checking out old translation packs and decided to fire up TDM 1.07. Rightful Property with sub-20 FPS areas yay! ( same areas run at 180FPS with cranked eye candy on 2.12 )
      · 1 reply
    • taffernicus

i am so euphoric to see new FMs keep coming out and I am keen to try it out in my leisure time, then suddenly my PC is spouting a couple of S.M.A.R.T errors...
      tbf i cannot afford myself to miss my network emulator image file&progress, important ebooks, hyper-v checkpoint & hyper-v export and the precious thief & TDM gamesaves. Don't fall yourself into & lay your hands on crappy SSD

· 3 replies
    • OrbWeaver

Does anyone actually use the Normalise button in the Surface inspector? Even after looking at the code I'm not quite sure what it's for.
      · 7 replies
    • Ansome

Turns out my 15th anniversary mission idea has already been done once or twice before! I've been beaten to the punch once again, but I suppose that's to be expected when there's over 170 FMs out there, eh? I'm not complaining though, I love learning new tricks and taking inspiration from past FMs. Best of luck on your own fan missions!
      · 4 replies