The Dark Mod Forums

S/r Editor: Layout

How are you greying-out those inherited rows? If they are set to insensitive, then you cannot expect to be able to select them. If you want to make them grey, use a colour property in the GtkCellRendererText (see the Entity Inspector for an example).

I set them to insensitive, but I was always able to select them on my system. If this was not the intention of the GTK developers, I will indeed have to do what you suggested.

The reason I set them to insensitive was that the S/R icons will get greyed out as well, but that is just cosmetics.

I would lean more toward a pop-up drop-down list if it's absolutely necessary (I'm not very fond of pop-ups either as you know).
I'd think that would be fine. Do you mean a separate list pops up over the add button and the current pop down list from the type box stays where it is? Sound good if so. I think I just picked up on the idea of saving coding by just having one selector list but whatever works so long as the user can select what stim to add. And it's easy to use. And it's easy to code. And it works OK. And it looks good. And everybody likes it! Haha! No pressure.

I very much appreciate the new upload. I'm just getting it now. This broadband makes it so much faster it looks like it'll be downloaded before I post this..

Yes, but I get an error when I try to run DR now. I get libcairo-2.dll not found. Can you upload that somewhere for me please? Or update the whole download and I'll get it again. Thanks.

Unless WinRar has unzipped it to the wrong path - can't see it. No a DR folder search can't find it.

Here you go: http://208.49.149.118/TheDarkMod/DarkRadiant/libpng13.dll

If it keeps asking for stuff, we have two more possibilites: Either I upload my whole binary GTK folder (9 MB) or you go ahead and install a GTK2+ package yourself. I can provide you with a link to an executable setup, if you want to do that. :)

Thanks yes greebo, it's now asking for another file. I'll try the binary folder first. See if that fixes it. I assume the other you mentioned is the whole source package for GTK Radiant on which DR is based?

To where do I extract the binary folder? Straight into the DR main folder?

No, not the GTKRadiant sources, I meant the GTK+ binaries (it's a graphical library that is used by the GIMP for example), you can get them here if you like: http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

It's a bit strange that it's asking for so many DLLs, because I think I already included everything that's in the release package.

Anyways, as I already fixed that issue with the insensitive rows, I will upload another build later this evening for you. We shouldn't have to mess around with GTK stuff then (just the usual procedure: install a 0.8.1 release package and extract my snapshot over the folder). Don't hold your breath, it may be later this evening (although you Britains are an hour behind me I think).

It's a bit strange that it's asking for so many DLLs, because I think I already included everything that's in the release package.

If you have upgraded GTK then there will almost certainly be new DLLs needed, such as the Cairo libraries.

I haven't updated the headers yet. I did this in another branch, but haven't merged them back in so far. Maybe I just missed some files (I was dragging and dropping them into the ZIP while looking at the release folder).

Anyways, I will upload another build soon that will be "compatible" with the 0.8.1 release - it won't be today because it's past midnight again but expect a new snapshot tomorrow after I've implemented the overriding stuff of inheriting stims/responses.

I haven't updated the headers yet. I did this in another branch, but haven't merged them back in so far. Maybe I just missed some files (I was dragging and dropping them into the ZIP while looking at the release folder).

It's not the headers that are the problem, it's the runtime libraries. The GTK 2.10 runtime DLLs have different dependencies than previous versions.

Of course, I should've thought of that. :) This means that if we're ever going to upgrade those we should test it on a clean system without the GTK2+ package installed (or at least take the gtk/bin/ folder out of the path).