The Dark Mod Forums

Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators

Jeb

I enjoy a good game, and sometimes I come across one that surprises me in it's simplicity and fun factor. Space Rangers 2 is one of those games. (Space Rangers 2 @ GameSpot.com, SpaceRangers2 Official Website)

It's a single player RTS/RPG. The graphics look good, but are nothing intense as the majority of the game is more or less top down or planetary interfaces. The premise of the game leaves it very open ended on how you would like to play it and pursue it's completion.

The game has:

• Quests of all types that can send you racing across the galaxy to other planets and systems, performing...
  • 3D planetary battles where you build your own mechs to fight the AI mechs (the main protagonist is AI)...
  • Chasing "players" across the universe...
  • Make pizza and other quirky quests
  • Several career paths and races, each with their own pros/cons

You can choose your race and what type of Ranger you would like to be. Each race and career path has it's own benefits. You can selectively choose how hard or easy you would like to make parts of the game. As you play the game, you can purchase and upgrade ships, equipment, etc to try and get the best custom ship to help you along the way.

The game itself is pretty simple in most respects, but I have found it quite addicting to say the least. My friends and family who have tried it have also been pulled into it's fun but simplistic play. It's a great game to pass the time, which in some cases could easily lead to hours of game play.

Edited by Jeb

Rise, denominators! For decades we have been oppressed by the fascist numerator oligarchy, always beneath, always looked down upon, the sole target of so-called rationalisation. But no longer! Our time is now! You have nothing to lose but your imaginary parts and so-called irrational values!

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

If the denominator rises faster than the numerator, the number comprised of both the numerator and the denominator goes to zero. I'm not sure what that means on a philosophical level.

It means that they will eventually converge. I believe Marx considered this the summation of the Proletariat revolution. Martin Luther King Jr. believed that integration of numerators and denominators also represented this sort of convergence.

It means that they will eventually converge. I believe Marx considered this the summation of the Proletariat revolution. Martin Luther King Jr. believed that integration of numerators and denominators also represented this sort of convergence.

I heard the are just Bigrats....

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax