The Dark Mod Forums

I have returned :o

Unstoppable

Been playing some Mass Effect on the PC and it is stellar. Definite must play for anyone who likes sci fi storylines that are actually good. If you call yourself a PC gamer you should play it.

Grid is also quite good from Codemasters. Love the replay feature where you can rewind from a wreck and hit the flashback button. Japan, American, and European leagues, it's all there. Great graphics, soundtrack, and competitors plus an online mode.

Besides that I got tons of games to beat like Company of Heroes. (Just beat GTA 3 still have to tackle Vice City and San Andreas) Almost done with Tomb: Raider Legend and Splinter Cell Double Agent. Still have Warhammer 40k: Dark Crusade and Tomb Raider: Anniversary to tackle.

The only other game I'm going to buy for a long time to come will be Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. Set to release this fall. Already pre ordered the collector's edition so I'm guaranteed an open beta slot. Make sure to register for the European beta for those of you from that side of the world.

It's going to be an MMORPG that focuses heavily on pvp and realm versus realm. Capture your enemy cities etc. Besides that everything is good.

How has everyone been? :laugh:

I loved Mass Effect on 360, looking forward to replaying with the mini-expansion added in, currently re-reading the prequel novel and looking forward to the transition novel coming out next month. I'm also currently playing Tomb Raider Anniversary on 360, great fun that one

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

I loved Mass Effect on 360, looking forward to replaying with the mini-expansion added in, currently re-reading the prequel novel and looking forward to the transition novel coming out next month. I'm also currently playing Tomb Raider Anniversary on 360, great fun that one

I am totally absorbed within PC Mass Effect, to the point that anal retention caused me to spend the first several hours nitpicking the facegen settings for my Shepard.

How is the Relevation novel? I've heard decent things, but only when compared to other videogame novels, which isn't saying much. As science fiction literature, does it stand up as great? Does it at least fill out Captain Anderson's character enough to make you really care about him?

Loose BOWELS are the first sign of THE CHOLERA MORBUS!

It's no Hyperion or Fire Upon the Deep, but it's not bad either. I enjoyed it enough on its own, and much more so because it adds to the game back story very well (Anderson is the main character, very cool to see him in action as a young badass). It's only a few bucks new or you can even nab it for like $3 used on Amazon or whatever, well worth it if you like the game, maybe just barely worth it if you never play the game.

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif