The Dark Mod Forums

Domarius's Animation Thread

Domarius

The turn_right anim for the elite guard is now available to be called in game. There is no mirrored version for turn_left yet.

What other characters should I add this to? I was thinking to just add it to every "guard" character. Builder guard, house guard, etc... since it's a patrol sort of movement.

Well everyone should have it really. You could have a regular dude standing watch out the front of his house.

ascottk I uploaded my original anims to the FTP under;

models/In-game_Originals/animations

So you can re-produce them for any character if you can't wait for me. :)

I think right now we should try to get all the animations finished for the citywatch (and any others that can share the same animation without much tweaking) first. Then we can worry about tweaking them to fit the other characters.

The turn_right anim for the elite guard is now available to be called in game. There is no mirrored version for turn_left yet.

What other characters should I add this to? I was thinking to just add it to every "guard" character. Builder guard, house guard, etc... since it's a patrol sort of movement.

Well everyone should have it really. You could have a regular dude standing watch out the front of his house.

ascottk I uploaded my original anims to the FTP under;

models/In-game_Originals/animations

So you can re-produce them for any character if you can't wait for me. :)

I just committed a whole slew of animations yesterday so forgive if I take my time with this one ;) We could wait until the the left turn is done.

I think right now we should try to get all the animations finished for the citywatch (and any others that can share the same animation without much tweaking) first. Then we can worry about tweaking them to fit the other characters.
I didn't know this (or I forgot . . . ) that I used the elite city's skeleton for the regular city's skeleton so any animation done for either AI is compatible :) Dom's search animation is used with the elite, the city, the house, the nobleman's & the elite merc.