The Dark Mod Forums

Howto: Disable a pressure plate trap via a switch

Bikerdude

@ERH, so to add this into the map.script file it would look as follows..?

void pressure_plate_trap()
{
     scriptEvent void disable($pp_trigger_multiple_01); Disables the mover/trigger
     scriptEvent void enable($pp_trigger_multiple_01); Enables the mover/trigger 
}

And I assume I will have to target a "atdm:target_callscriptfunction" from the switch..?

@Steve, the issue is I want to disable/enable the trap from the switch. I assume the func_remove would permanently remove it from the map? or will the func_remove replace the removed item when targeted from a switch..?

@Steve, the issue is I want to disable/enable the trap from the switch. I assume the func_remove would permanently remove it from the map? or will the func_remove replace the removed item when targted from a switch..?

Ah, ok. The func_remove would remove it permanently.

Gimme a few mins before you try a script. I am sure this can be done without...

I was thinking that you could use an atdm::target_postscriptevent to call the Enable() and Disable() methods on the trigger. You could, but you'd have to use a complicated setup involving atdm::target_changetargets to toggle between the enabler and the disabler.

Easier just to go for a script like ERH+ suggested

(untested) For your map script file:

float pressure_plate_active = 1;
void toggle_pressure_plate_trap()
{
    entity trap_trigger = $trigger_multiple_1;   // PUT THE NAME OF YOUR TRIGGER HERE BETWEEN THE $ AND ;
    if ( pressure_plate_active == 1 )
    {
        trap_trigger.disable();
        pressure_plate_active = 0;
    } else {
        trap_trigger.enable();
        pressure_plate_active = 1;
    }
}

Then create an atdm::target_callscriptfunction and giuve it spawnarg "call" "toggle_pressure_plate_trap", and target it from your switch.

Edit: Fixed per Biker's post below

Edited by SteveL

Grand thanks Steve, already had the "atdm::target_callscriptfunction" in place so testing now....

[update]

Got an error on map load, it complains about line " trap_trigger.Disable();" saying unknown value "Disable". So I changed first letter on Disable and Enable to lower case on a wild guess and that fixed it.

Grand thanks Steve, already had the "atdm::target_callscriptfunction" in place so testing now....

[update]

Got an error on map load, it complains about line " trap_trigger.Disable();" saying unknown value "Disable". So I changed first letter on Disable and Enable to lower case on a wild guess and that fixed it.

Oops, my bad. Those functions are upper case in the c++ code, but lower case for game scripts. Not by accident, it's meant to stop them getting confused. Except that I did get confused and I remembered it the wrong way round. Cool you got it sorted :)

The lazy way would be to use two pressure plate entities (a functional and inert one) on top of each other and just mutually spawn/remove them with the switch. But if the script functions work then you've already solved it and just have to get it set up right.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.