The Dark Mod Forums

Is possible to have Builders skin's redone to be fresh zombies?

Deadlove

A zombie with blood and flesh and armor same as current Builders but undead versions. They would move at same speed as normal builders. Skin showing would nees to be tweaked and some blood on armor. Also animation wouldn't have to change. As far as a voice set it can a processed version of existing lines to save time and add eerie undead voice to NPC.

Always found creation of new models is less productive than alternating existing models. Saving using existing assets.

I have a headless revenent in my WIP and it's quite eerie. I'm in process of adding a red flame for the head with crown, like I'm Requiem.

Edited by Deadlove
  • Like 1

it would be something like this

skin file

skin skins/ghostie_priest_skin
{
model tdm_ai_builderpriest

models/md5/chars/builders/guard/builder_armor textures/darkmod/ghosties/barmaid_ghostie
models/md5/chars/builders/priest/priesttop textures/darkmod/ghosties/barmaid_ghostie
models/md5/chars/builders/priest/priestbottom_shadow textures/darkmod/ghosties/barmaid_ghostie
models/md5/chars/builders/priest/priesttop_metal textures/darkmod/ghosties/barmaid_ghostie
models/md5/chars/builders/priest/priestmetal textures/darkmod/ghosties/barmaid_ghostie
tdm_npc_hand textures/darkmod/ghosties/barmaid_ghostie
textures/common/shadow textures/common/nodraw

}

skin skins/ghostie_priest_head
{
model head_builderpriest

models/md5/chars/builders/priest/priesttop textures/darkmod/ghosties/barmaid_ghostie
tdm_teeth textures/common/nodraw
models/md5/chars/nobles/nobleman1/nobleman_head textures/darkmod/ghosties/barmaid_ghostie
tdm_character_tongue textures/common/nodraw
textures/common/shadow textures/common/nodraw

}

material file

textures/darkmod/ghosties/barmaid_ghostie
{
qer_editorimage textures/darkmod/ghosties/ghostskin_ed
flesh
noShadows
noselfshadow

{
blend diffusemap
map textures/darkmod/ghosties/ghostskin
rgb 0.1
alpha 0.6
}

bumpmap addnormals( textures/darkmod/ghosties/ghostskin_local, heightmap ( textures/darkmod/ghosties/ghostskin, 3 ) )

{
if ( parm11 > 0 )
blend gl_dst_color, gl_one
map _white
rgb 0.40 * parm11
}
{
if ( parm11 > 0 )
blend add
rgb 0.15 * parm11
}
{
if ( global5 == 1 )
blend add
scale 1, 1
red global2
green global3
blue global4
}
{
if ( global5 == 2 )
blend add
program ambientEnvironment.vfp
vertexParm 0 1, 1, 1, 1
vertexParm 1 1, 1, 1, 1
vertexParm 2 global2, global3, global4, 1
fragmentMap 0 cubeMap env/gen1
fragmentMap 1 addnormals( textures/darkmod/ghosties/ghostskin_local, heightmap ( textures/darkmod/ghosties/ghostskin, 3 ) )
fragmentMap 2 textures/darkmod/ghosties/ghostskin
fragmentMap 3 _black
}
}

the barmaid_ghostie texture is just a color grey. but you would have to copy and rename the textures you want to change, and either paint the extras yourself or get someone to do them.

that's roundabout what you have to do to change, settings might have changed though on the models, as I the wiki page has been updated and the information is a gone. it just now tells you to use the built in skin picker, but doesn't help if you want to make a custom texture for a ai model. you can change the skins on the armours as well so they looked blood splattered or zombie goo splattered, the armour is in a separate skin file.

• Like 2