• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LongMeg

LongMeg

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:11 AM

POPULAR

Hi There LongMeg here! I am a very big fan of the Thief games I have played all of them from The Dark Project, The Metal Age, Thief Gold, Deadly Shadows and Thief 2014. I recently found The Dark Mod and I thought that I might be able to help out with some things like Character Design, Story, 2D and 3D concepts, Sound and Music. I am also a Game and App Design student and looking to help increase my skills as a game designer.

So far I have made some Thief Inspired Ambient music that could be used in a fan mission. This is posted on my Youtube channel for more information please read the description.

I have also made a Thief The Dark Project inspired guard conversation script. Not sure where is best to post it but I will try and put it up here sometime soon.

Any updates will be posted on here and my Youtube Channel if there is any questions or details let me know on here or my channel thanks!

Edited by LongMeg, 20 March 2018 - 12:24 PM.

• Bikerdude, SeriousToni, nbohr1more and 4 others like this

#2 SeriousToni

SeriousToni

Beginner Contest 2012 Winner

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2199 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:01 PM

I like the quality! For me personally it is still lacking of (at least) some melodic elements or slight rhythms.

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

#3 RPGista

RPGista

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1526 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:38 AM

Hello longmeg, great to know you are planning on contributing with your ideas and work. I loved that ambiance soundtrack, specially the build up to the instense section there in the middle, I could see it working wonders in a horror themed mission. 

Here in the tdm community we have a bit of an anarchist environment, theres the team always working on adding new features and maintaining the code, and then theres the people working on their missions, creating their own content with the core assets available. Since the core assets are meant as a generic base for most missions and grows slowly (only when it makes sense to add to it), new assets are always sought after by mappers, to give their missions a few unique touches here and there. Like myself and many others, even if you are not busy creating your own mission, you can bring new material for the community to play with, and thats just as fun. So what I would suggest is for you to look around and play some missions and any work that might be inspired by that and you choose to share with us, would be appreciated.

• Anderson and Petike the Taffer like this

#4 LongMeg

LongMeg

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:25 PM

Hi thank you for the feedback. I hope to be making more content soon to share with this with the community. I have been playing some missions and I been enjoying them so far. Any updates I make will be put up on my YouTube channel. 

Edited by LongMeg, 30 March 2018 - 01:27 PM.

• Springheel and Anderson like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users