The Dark Mod Forums

Crash in Training Mission and Anti-Aliasing Problem

chakkman

Hi guys,

1st of all i want to thank you very much for this mod, its incredible.

I have come along a couple of bugs though, one of it is quite severe... the 1st bug i noticed was that the screen is kinda blurred when i choose "Bloom" in the graphics settings, the character also moves kinda weird when i activate it, like moving right when i go forward, but as i read now it can be avoided by turning off the ATI Catalyst Control Centre, so problem solved i guess...

The 2nd thing i noticed is that when i activate Anti-Aliasing in graphics options and i restart the game so that it can take effect, the screen resolution always goes back to 640x480 while i ve chosen 1280x1024 when i quit the game, so i can't use Anti-Aliasing....

The 3rd bug is quite severe because i cannot play the whole trainings mission due to it. It happens every time I enter the Inventory training room, when i face the room in the back of the room with the table and the cage to move the candle around, see the picture:

trainingsmission.jpg

The weird thing is, i can even move into that room when i move backwards and not face it, but when i face from like the middle of the passage way i get an error meesage saying that doom3.exe doesnt work anymore, giving me following error report:

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH

Anwendungsname: DOOM3.exe

Anwendungsversion: 1.0.0.1

Anwendungszeitstempel: 45ad459a

Fehlermodulname: atioglxx.dll

Fehlermodulversion: 6.14.10.8577

Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 49beaf3b

Ausnahmecode: c0000005

Ausnahmeoffset: 0007cd10

Betriebsystemversion: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Zusatzinformation 1: fd00

Zusatzinformation 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Zusatzinformation 3: fd00

Zusatzinformation 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

To make it a bit clearer, it is not a problem when i face the room in the angle displayed on the pic, but when i go further right and face the room/passage way it crashes.

Here are my system specs:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 5200+

ATi Radeon HD 3870

2 GBs Ram

Creative X-Fi Extreme Music

Windows Vista, Catalyst 9.4

Oh and i have EAX 4.0 activated in game setting, i hardly think that that causes the problem but what do i know ;).

I hope you have an idea, thanks in advance.

Greetings, chk

Have you updated to the Catalyst 9.10 drivers? They're supposed to fix those problems for most people.

edit: Deactive EAX first. That has caused strange graphic problems for some people, and could be the issue here.

Updating the graphics driver did solve the problem in the trainings mission :). As for the anti-aliasing thing, activating it up to 8x does not cause the resolution to fall back to 640x480, only 16x seems to do which might be due to my graphics card, i believe it doesnt support 16x anti-aliasing.

So all problems solved, thank you very much, once again the problem sat in front of the PC :).

Greetz, chk