The Dark Mod Forums

Renzatic's Textures

greebo

The textures are in SVN now. I had to adjust the shaders a bit. In case you're interested, I'll post these changes here:

- I added the // Author: Renzatic line comment to each of your shaders

- I added the material specifier "wood", "stone", etc. to the shader

- I changed the shader names of the tiling_1d ones: instead of

textures/darkmod/plaster/plaster_rot01_tiling_1d

they should be

textures/darkmod/plaster/tiling_1d/plaster_rot01

such that they appear in the tiling_1d folder in DarkRadiant's media browser. The filenames were fine.

- (One shader was referencing the wrong filenames, there was a "_01" numbering instead of just 01 without the underscore.)

- I renamed the uppercase DDS extension to lowercase dds.

Thanks for the package in any case, I think they are quite good. The only art-wise criticism I'd have is the localmap of the dirt texture, which could be more pronounced and could use some low-frequency height variations.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good deal. The tiling_1d thing was the only bit that confused me, so I went with what it sounded like I should do on the wiki (also I would've loved to check out the .mtr files inside of TDM for reference, but the text formatting was screwed up on my comp). I'll keep all this stuff in mind for the next set of textures I whip up.

Just as info: I changed all occurances of "_white.tga" to "_white" for a couple of reasons:

* _white is an internal name, not a file

* we generally drop all extension on texture file names

* my parser stumbled over it, because it only expects "_white". Not sure what D3 says, but their parser is so lax, it eats up anything and drops anything it doesn't understand silently (except a few rare cases like outright missing files), so one cannot use D3 as a reference unless you try if it really understood what it parsed :)

Anyway, its only minor, but I am curious where the "_white.tga" came from. Our wiki?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax