The Dark Mod Forums

Spline origins & black boxes

grayman

The origin of my splines includes a nice black box in game, about 16x16x16. Is it just my computer, or do others see these as well?

I can see these in NHAT 1 (Politics), which starts out with two cameras following splines. The boxes are up off the ground, and it's not so easy to see them against the night sky. But they're a royal pain indoors.

Before I move the splines offstage to their own blue rooms, is there some reason this is occurring?

Thanks.

You should assign them a model: Probably something like darkmod/misc/system/empty.lwo, which is no more than a nodraw box.

That works.

However, if you select the Nodraw box that's drawn around the spline origin, DR shows the entity size as larger numbers that appear to be related to the spline point locations. I'll bet that if you have a spline near the origin, these numbers are small, and that they get larger the farther away you get from the origin. Looks like a minor DR bug.

Thanks! Now I can scrap Plan B.

You should assign them a model: Probably something like darkmod/misc/system/empty.lwo, which is no more than a nodraw box.

That's useful. I was thinking of something like that for the broken model for the breakable lit mushrooms.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• nbohr1more

The FAQ wiki is almost a proper FAQ now. Probably need to spin-off a bunch of the "remedies" for playing older TDM versions into their own article.
      · 1 reply
    • nbohr1more

Was checking out old translation packs and decided to fire up TDM 1.07. Rightful Property with sub-20 FPS areas yay! ( same areas run at 180FPS with cranked eye candy on 2.12 )
      · 3 replies
    • taffernicus

i am so euphoric to see new FMs keep coming out and I am keen to try it out in my leisure time, then suddenly my PC is spouting a couple of S.M.A.R.T errors...
      tbf i cannot afford myself to miss my network emulator image file&progress, important ebooks, hyper-v checkpoint & hyper-v export and the precious thief & TDM gamesaves. Don't fall yourself into & lay your hands on crappy SSD

· 7 replies
    • OrbWeaver

Does anyone actually use the Normalise button in the Surface inspector? Even after looking at the code I'm not quite sure what it's for.
      · 7 replies
    • Ansome

Turns out my 15th anniversary mission idea has already been done once or twice before! I've been beaten to the punch once again, but I suppose that's to be expected when there's over 170 FMs out there, eh? I'm not complaining though, I love learning new tricks and taking inspiration from past FMs. Best of luck on your own fan missions!
      · 4 replies