The Dark Mod Forums

Gargoyle

Baddcog

Yeah, I wanted to put it in my current wip but haven't touched it forever so this weekend was it.

Fri. night was 4 hours of screwing up anims i every possible way after not doing it for at least a year. Blew it off, Sat. I got a pretty good run of anims in. hopping, 'walking' which is more like flight but scraping the ground, attack, idle, search, alert.

Today I managed to get the af set-up, but still have to adjust constraints, but I just want him to blow up, fire arrow or sword only I think. He's stone but magic...

I'd like the first alert to be just 'waking up', taking a different pose. Then alert 2 would be searching, followed by running, attacking.

Anyway, I started with the rat af base, and I've removed all the rat references and anim_patrol from the def but he's acting weird.

Team 2, should be enemy right?

Anyway, they walk around, but if I get close they got to sleep. Sleep is the standard pose. and if I'm almost touching them they play a different anim.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

I was tired, I don't think that post makes it very clear so...

---

Bascially I'm looking for the best base to start from.

Currently I am using atdm:ai_base.

That's fine for getting him trolling and playing anims. But he seems to want to run from me.

If I tried atdm:ai_humaniod base I get errors due to skeleton. I tried copying over atdm:ai_humanoid_base and changing it to atdm:ai_gargoyle_base and deleting anything that is human specific, joints, etc... but then I get a black boxes instead of gargoyles.

I tried atdm:monster_base also, and thought it was working OK, but after that stuff ^ I was just getting black boxes too.

I still can't quite decipher what you're asking. Are you wondering which def file to inherit from?

Yeah, it's gotta be somewhere close to the base ai, but if it has too much stuff in it (like joints, attachments) they just cause issues.

Mainly I want him to be a regular guard 'style' AI. He hangs out in once pose (idle) 'asleep' , if he is alerted he moves to an 'awake' pose, then if his alert level goes up more he goes searching/attacking.

there are just so many def files, and so many options in each. It's been tough finding the bare minimum properties to add.

Well, you'll have to inherit ai_base at a minimum, and possibly ai_monster as well, depending on what kind of behaviour you want.

You'll need to make sure he's set with the spawnarg that lets him attack without a weapon...I can't remember if that's set by default on ai_monster, but it probably is. Otherwise he'll just run away.

Let me know if you have any specific issues.