The Dark Mod Forums

Messiah studio

Arcturus

http://www.projectmessiah.com/x6/shop.html

They are selling this application for 10$ or 40$. Only condition is that certain amount of people sign in. It looks that it will happen. Do you guys know anything about this program? Could it be any use for TDM? I installed demo yesterday. It doesn't open .ma, .mb nor .fbx (it can export as .fbx). It can open .lwo and .mot (Lightwave motion). I imported md5 animation to Blender in order to make some animations but it was really impractical. I wonder if it's possible to export our rigs to .lwo and/or .mot and import to Blender or Messiah to work with them.

It's only a model...

.bvh was something people were trying to convert for Thief 2. Don't think it ever went anywhere.

You can google them and see what programs can import/export them. I don't think they are very standard though. Accutrans can convert alot of files.

Honestly you're probably better off sticking with Blender, it's free and probably gets more support/tutorials. How many people have even heard of Messiah Studio? I haven't.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

.bvh was something people were trying to convert for Thief 2. Don't think it ever went anywhere.
Both Blender and Messiah can theoretically import .bvh. It's not on the list of Maya's supported formats: http://download.auto...ile_formats.htm,topicNumber=d0e72344 There is .fbx on the list.

Accutrans can convert alot of files.

It's free for 30 days only. Unfortunately it can't read .ma nor .mb formats in which all our character rigs are stored. It can however read .rtg which seems to be a Maya's format? Could one of the Maya users export a character rig to it?

Honestly you're probably better off sticking with Blender, it's free and probably gets more support/tutorials. How many people have even heard of Messiah Studio? I haven't.

According to wiki it's been used by professionals (Harry Potter, Hell Boy, Xmen): http://en.wikipedia....iah_(software).

All our characters are rigged in Maya. I would like to use Blender but I can only import .md5. That means I have to make my own rig based on the bones and I never managed to do it right. The rig I ended with wasn't satisfying. That's why I was interested in Messiah.

It's only a model...

It all looks very cartoony, but I guess that's not too important :)

Anyway, depending on the complexity of bvh I could most likely add support to export it from my little mesh tool. Is there any other widely supporting format which supports animation/bones? At the moment I've been working on the basic support of MD5Anim exports; but time might be better working on an interchange format.