The Dark Mod Forums

Skyline: Don't expect too much.

Fidcal

If you get to see this movie then don't expect anything except some decent action cgi special effects. Skip the first 20 minutes or so unless you like to watch very boring uneventful day to day stuff like uninteresting people walking and sitting down and standing up again. Later there is B-movie brain eating re-self-repair-assembling robo-organic aliens. Independence Day meets War of the Worlds meets Cloverfield meets Something Something.

I never noticed the drab acting others have reported because the dialog was so thin. But the stupid disaster-movie behaviour bottomed even that. After a night of watching aliens land one guy looks out of the skyscraper window in the morning. He looks up and turns with a look of shocked horror on his face. He can hardly speak. What is it? There are some people on the next roof. 20 foot zombie people? No, regular people. What are they doing? They are on the roof. Can't think why. omigod omigod - there are some people. curl up in the corner sucking thumb I don't think I can handle it. Just because there were aliens landing everywhere last night and all TV and comms is out why would anyone want to look out over the city. Well, better investigate then. What? These people. (they turn out to be ... people ... on the roof. oh OK then.)

Whatever you do don't look at the aliens because the blue light sucks you in. So what do the characters spend most of their time doing? You guessed it, staring outside looking to see if they can see a blue light. Often they go out in the open and even on roofs to find the most dangerous and exposed places they can in the hope that the aliens might not notice them. Here's a parapet. Better stand up then because we'll never get spotted if we crouch down.

Hey! they even had my favourite groaner: the little boy/girl with the dog/cat that runs out after the ball/mouse to the most dangerous place and the boy runs after it and then the hero has to go after the boy except they used an old man instead of the boy and the dog got its brains sucked out and so did the old man's. Jeez, that old man really must have loved that shitty little yappy dog to go pointlessly to his own certain brain-sucking death.

Seriously, if you can just turn off your mind, accept no sensible story or ending and just enjoy the effects then its worth watching. I just wish someone had warned me first. ;)

Oh - one good thing - there is not the pathetic banter wisecrasks of Independence Day so more like Cloverfield but with less meaning.

Lol, I wish you would've told me this a month ago.

Pretty much a spot on review.

But you left out the infuriating scene where they are hiding safely in the apartment and the one stupid guy insists they must risk their lives to go live on a boat mid ocean because it'll be so much easier to get there and stay in the open and not be seen then it is to safe safely hidden within a full building of supplies.

Then everyone decides against their better judgement that they must follow the crazy fool. And within minutes they are all getting their brains sucked out.

The only good part was the end when they suck out his brain and stick it into the organo-robot thing in the ship, but not his wife's because she is pregnant (2 brainz is better than 1). Then he realizes that she is his wife and he starts fighting the other brain sucked organo-robots.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest