The Dark Mod Forums

Skyrim Stealth.

Senju

ok, the manual leaked today and it revealed some interesting information that im sure some here will be interested in.

one, there are 3 levels of ai detection , calm, suspicious, and alert.

its effected by light, line of sight, and sound. also the type of weapon you have out, what kind of armor you are wearing, and i think encumberance...not sure about that part though.

arrows/traps? can be used to make noise and distract ai, causing them to be suspicious.

[another note, detection levels play a part in your stealth damage. with daggers in your undetected state you do 15x damage, which probably triggers one of the finishers since its most likely an instant kill.]

crime is the same as in oblivion, basicly if your caught pickpocketing/lockpicking/shoplifing you will "pay the court a fine or serve your sentence!" or "YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED THE FINE!"

one last thing that remains to be seen is weather npc react to missing items [if they didnt see you steal it obviously], what the hell those traps are and some other things that i can no longer remember because im tired :D

all that's missing from this is climbing, sneaking blunt knockouts, and a way to put out those pesky lights ph34r.gif

[ just found out lights CAN be doused in the environment]

I really hope there is an unconcious state , and moving bodys is easier than it was in oblivion, so knocking a guard out and draging him into a stable would be awesome ...wakes up 30 min later "where the hell am i"

im just leaving the building XD

Edited by Senju

also wondering if anyone here has any experience working with tes? do you think climbing could be implemented...in a limited way probably, but you think its possible? i have seen a few attempts on youtube, but nothing that gave me hope for anything substantial or useful like mantling in this mod.

Thanks. Interesting. That reminded me about how difficult bodies were to drag about in Oblivion.

So, if the manual is being prepared then that's encouraging that they are on schedule for release next month.

I really must make an effort to sort out whether my joypad can be made effective on the PC version or if I'll have to get the Xbox version.

Thanks. Interesting. That reminded me about how difficult bodies were to drag about in Oblivion.

So, if the manual is being prepared then that's encouraging that they are on schedule for release next month.

I really must make an effort to sort out whether my joypad can be made effective on the PC version or if I'll have to get the Xbox version.

they wont miss that date, they had it marked early for a reason, and pete hines and todd howard have stated several times that its WAAY on schedule. should go gold some time soon..if not already.

yeah i think im gonna use a pad for this one as well for at least one playthrough, it just seems like its made for it this time. i have my ps3 afterglow working -finally- :)

i say don't get the xbox version IF YOU CAN HELP IT.

though if your not interested in mods or have to play from your couch or something then i understand why you might want to get the console version.