The Dark Mod Forums

Anybody here with a 3-monitor gaming rig - and Thief 3?

snobel

Yes, but it's 'vert-' as they say, i.e. you get widescreen by cropping the 4:3 view at the top and bottom. Actually massimilianogoi's patch was one of the starting points for my patch, which is a generalized and expanded version of all the T3 widescreen and FOV patches already out there.

PMs sent to Xarg and Bikerdude...

Edited by snobel

This sounds cool - any chance of a super high res screenshot? <3 <3

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

Coming up. Bah, steam didn't save any of the screenshots, and it turns out the screenshot key for fraps was set to the t3 quicksave button. Never the less, I still have some to share. Threw them on mediafire as a .rar file, since every attempt to put pics at this aspect ratio on the forums has ended in tears and failure.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8ah8o7lluq2pw29

Now that I know to change the screenshot hotkey I'll be grabbin more from South Quarter and the next level.

Edited by Xarg

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Good to see that it is basically working. I can see that the compass is generally affected by the aspect ratio - it's tilted forward in portrait modes, and backward in wide modes. That's probably fixable, like the other GUI stuff - we'll see...

Edit: For kicks, try rotating your desktop 90 degrees, and see if the game will run in a portrait mode that extreme :)

Edited by snobel

Yes, but it's 'vert-' as they say, i.e. you get widescreen by cropping the 4:3 view at the top and bottom. Actually massimilianogoi's patch was one of the starting points for my patch, which is a generalized and expanded version of all the T3 widescreen and FOV patches already out there.

PMs sent to Xarg and Bikerdude...

Ah ok, sorry. :/

However nice job. :D

I can't see why it wouldn't, unfortunately I don't have a monitor stand/rotatable monitors or I would have tried that out long ago for some other games :/

Heh recorded a funny moment - 2 thugs were chasing me with their swords, I hid between the fence and the tools vendor, one was down with me looking for me, the other up the stairs. The one down with me runs into a barrel, causing it to grind against the wall. It explodes, killing him. His friend runs down, sees the body, and with only a rust mite in sight, makes the decision that the rust mite must have killed his friend. So I got some video of the guy trying to stab the rust mite, failing miserably, which draws the attention of a guard who comes down and kills him. I thought that was actually a really cool, if slightly derpy, feature of the AI, to make a judgement based on the evidence at hand (dead body + rust mite) and figure that the rust mite had killed him. Wonder if TDM AI can make decisions like that?

However nice job. :D

Thanks!

I can't see why it wouldn't, unfortunately I don't have a monitor stand/rotatable monitors or I would have tried that out long ago for some other games :/

I just meant try rotating your desktop in the graphics driver settings, so that it becomes 900x4320 to the game. It may run, but some weirdness would probably show up.

Heh recorded a funny moment - 2 thugs were chasing me with their swords, I hid between the fence and the tools vendor, one was down with me looking for me, the other up the stairs. The one down with me runs into a barrel, causing it to grind against the wall. It explodes, killing him. His friend runs down, sees the body, and with only a rust mite in sight, makes the decision that the rust mite must have killed his friend. So I got some video of the guy trying to stab the rust mite, failing miserably, which draws the attention of a guard who comes down and kills him.

:D Hilarious...