The Dark Mod Forums

intensive dream experiences

SeriousToni

I was about getting up today but somehow fell asleep again but didn't realize it, so I found myself in a dream in which I thought: "Hey I jsut was in my bed having to stay up and brush my teeth! Where's my breakfast?? :( " So I didn't realize that I dreamt.

I suddenly was in a big gym hall (the one from school) there was a band standing on a stage and some people sitting on the ground. The band welcomed me and started to play some very athmospheric music only on bass and e-guitars. Then there was this person gliding to me on her stomach like a penguin on the ice (it sounds funny but in the dream it looked very impressive). She took my hand and I cought myself with her. It felt very gracile and I got used to it when I saw that these people were all friends of mine in school when we were about 10 years old (they all looked like when they were little kids). One by one started to glide through the hall with me and one even kissed me and whispered stuff like "You still know when we were together? I'm glad you are here now." It felt like a big birthday party that everyone did for me. And when the music was about to get quiet I found myself in a catacomb with seeing these people's silhouettes dancing in a golden, shiny light. It felt like a farewell, but not a sad one.

When I woke up then, I was really shocked that it was just a dream because I thought I really was going to die and say goodbye. I don't know if there is a chance of farewell if you're going to fade, but I guess this dream I had in the morning pretty much explaines my (dreamly) thoughts on how it could be - it felt so good.

Do you remember similiar gripping dreams of yours? :o

• Like 1

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

When the only dreams you remember are ones you die in, you become less enthusiastic about sleeping :P

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

For the record, I've mentioned it before, the top level of the warehouse in my FM (Patently Dangerous) was pretty much taken verbatum from a vivid dream I had at the time... practically to the level of room by room.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Really?? Didn't know that! How were you able to take it into reality? I mean, rooms and environment often change in (my) dreams. I imagine this as really hard :o

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

I love the dreams where you realize it is a dream while it is going on. Then you can do anything you want. Also, leaving a radio or TV on while you fall asleep can mess with your dreams in interesting ways.

I can still recall a Thief-related dream I had where I was going through a dark cave. It wasn't like I was playing the game, it was like I was there. Personally I find that eating late (especially junk food) increases your chances of remembering dreams. Supposedly you dream every single night but rarely remember them when you wake.

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

A cola drink (something with caffeine? Coke, Dr. Pepper, etc) right as I go to sleep usually does it for me.

Re: translating my dream to reality... Well there was the stark white-walled hallway, very bare rooms with a few pieces of furniture, rooms that get increasingly crazy as you go, and increasing dread as you got deeper in... I don't doubt that details changed in my dream, but once you have the concept, the basic layout pretty much writes itself.

I wish I had more dreams like that. It makes building a lot easier when you have a strong vision connected to some emotion, and you're building a scene constructed in your inner-self (who already knows how to tap into the deep parts of your psyche) rather than coldly putting it together by calculation. Maybe sometimes it's a good idea to follow Dali's prescription of actually inducing a paranoid state in yourself to help prompt these visions and give them a little direction. (Breton's method was the "automatic approach", just copy it down as it comes to you without filter, and be as honest as possible. On this Dali may have had a better method than Breton, but it's worth noting that the entire idea of pulling dream worlds into reality was Breton's to begin with.)

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

• 1 month later...

I just had this strange dream. I was with a bunch of buddies I went to school with forever ago. We were at one of their houses. We had a party and trashed the palce quite badly.... but we all stuck around and actually cleaned it up. The rest of the guys left, but one of the people I knew and I were going to drive home. I remember we went outside to go load his car. He unlocked the driver's door and then reached to pop the drunk... but he then told me to ist in the drivers' seat while he loaded the rest of the stuff in the trunk, so I did. At this point I began to wonder (in the dream) if he was worried about getting car-jacked because we were outside in the middle of the night. I sat in the driver's seat and locked the door. Then when he finished loading the trunk, he came around the passenger side I unlocked the door for him. He got in, and we switched sides while in the car. This was the part that gave me the creeps; it was like we were both paranoid about getting car-jacked. As we drove away, I also noticed that there were an unusually large amount of interior lights on in the car, making it quite bright. I asked him: Isn't it stupid that they would have so many bright lights on inside at night? It makes it harder to see. He said yes. I also asked if he had ever been carjacked before. He said "once". He was going to tell me the story, then I woke up. Then I woke up.

I've had other dreams that weren't "bad" dreams, but had this sort of spooky twist to them. I remember at one point living in a dorm in another dream where everything was nice during the day, but at night I would hear this aweful whailing sound coming from down a wing all through the night. This one went on for "days"... weird stuff

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

I know what you're speaking of. Sometimes you get that "oh here's something bad around"-feeling in just normal dreams. I had this happening when I visit friends houses or if I am hiking around outside. Suddenly you get the feeling that something is watching you and it resolves often in a ghost, a haunt, an undead, an alien or any creepy animal you can think of (like a deep sea fish lying in the middle of the room starting to grow bigger and bigger and when you try to touch it and throw it outside it burns your skin and starts crawling around).

My explanation of these dream situations is that this stuff just comes in your mind while you sleep just like it does while you're awake sometimes. You know those situations when you go downstiars at night to visit the toilet and then you suddenly think of thast horro film / game you saw the day before and think "Oh my, I don't need to pee anymore. Back to bed but I leave the lights on, just in case!" :laugh: