The Dark Mod Forums

Unable to get TDM to work.. fustrating

Captain_Cyrus

Okay, so First off I am using steam.. which seems to be a issue i've seen in other forums but I can't seem to install FMs and it always loads Vanilla Doom 3 even though I changed the steam.exe to

steam.exe -applaunch 9050 +set fs_game_base darkmod

Now I've tried many times to go into the dictory and steamapps/common/doom3/darkmod to try to just use the launcher, But when I do it that way I get a Run time error. If I try it with Vanilla doom 3, I can get to it by clicking mods and load it that way but it wont install the FMS it tries to restart to "install" them I guess but the I get the famous Game Unavailble window. I go back into it and I can see the FMS in the Mod window along with The Dark Mod I use to get into dark mods menu to install FMS and such but I cant play them and they are not installed when I go back into The Dark Mod menu in the top left. it tries to get me to install them again tried multiple ones I've tried everything that these websites have said even uninstalling and reinstalling steam twice now and redownloading everything mulitple times I do have the most recent patchs for both.. and I am hoping and praying at the possiblity that v1.08 would fix this problem but it's October and the lastest thread I can find is it'll be out roughly in septemberish time frame ... that was said in August.

Really need help with this I am a HUGE fan of thief and really want to try this but I am at a brick wall.

Are you using version 1.07?

If I recall correctly 1.05 and 1.06 had problems with steam launching.

Try running tdm_updater and see if it finds any files to update.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Can you check the console with Ctrl+Alt+^ pls, when you tried to install the fm automatically? Maybe it gives us a hint.

You should try to "install" your choosen fm manually.

Open darkmod\currentfm.txt and write in your choosen mission. (name of pk4 file)

Then check, if there is already a folder with the ssame name in the D3 directory. If not, create it and put in the pk4 file. (Mabye a game.dll is needed as well but I don't know.)

Then try to just start Doom3.exe with:

+set fs_game_base darkmod +set fs_game MISSIONNAME

Edited by Radiant