The Dark Mod Forums

Release Date

bLoOdReD

• 3 weeks later...

I'll do some UV mapping / texturing if I can use Maya.

My most hated job in the comp animation industry, but hell, if it's gonna speed things up -- send em over. leave me an email address of person i should talk to.

:ph34r:

Will do.

Is the coding basically the main chunk of what is going on right now for you guys as a team? I mean -- if Oddity were to have some models together, some sounds were ready, and there was a house or some random building created with textures and all, how long would it take to have that house/building ready to play/test? Is that a loooong way's off?

How far along are you with the editor?

Edited by encomium

We have several different divisions working on things in tandem. At the moment, we're able to run around a rough city map with AI models hearing, seeing, chasing (and killing) us. A lot of this has come together in the last couple weeks though, so it's still rough. It will still be a while before we have all the gameplay elements included to make it ready for playtesting.

Oddity and Corth has about 4 or 5 models ready for animating and dropping ingame I think. Pakman, MrD, New Horizon, and the rest have tons of sounds for us to use, BT and I have made quite a few textures, I have one map I consider worth walking around in, and Spar and Ishtvan have quite a bit done on the AI, lightgem, and sound prop code. I'd say we have a nice foundation going on right now, it just needs to be built upon and perfected.

We've still got a shitload to do, but there's more than enough here to start working on basic FM structures and whatnot.

Hype!

sounds really exciting. I'm sure you have been waiting for this moment in time where it's all starting to turn from concept to a testable scenario. I didn't expect you would of had all that together yet.