The Dark Mod Forums

FM not installed

dickivy

Can you describe the problem in more detail? When you go to New Missions in the main menu, are there missions listed there?

The missions were listed. I'd click on one and it would say mission installed and restarting. Upon restart, no mission installed. I was also unable to connect to the darkmod mission server.

I finally fixed this problem by deleting everything in the darkmod folder. Downloaded a fresh copy of the installer and downloaded a new copy of darkmod and missions. All is well now. Must have had a corrupt copy.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

I don't freakin believe this. Now it's back to the original problem. I can't contact the server. I can't install a mission. I can't uninstall a mission. I can't play the installed mission. What the heck is going on and is there a fix for this?

I'm running win 8.1 pro on a new Dell AIO.

Here's the latest.. If I run darkmod as Administrator, I can contact the server, I can install/uninstall a mission, I can load a mission until it says press attack to start and I cannot start the mission. It isn't hanging as the esc key works as does F5 and F8. I just can't start the mission. The cursor is also missing from the screen. Am I alone with this problem? Is it unique to Dell? What?

That's weird. I haven't heard of that problem before, though we don't have many team-members using Win 8.

Can you get to the settings menu? I could be misremembering, but I think you can turn off the "press attack to start" window. What happens in that case?

I don't have Win8, and I am really guessing here,

Try running TheDarkMod in windowed mode. Does anything popup in the taskbar ?

Like Windows or a security tool asking for permissions or something else ?

Where exactly did you install the game?

Did you upgrade from 1.08 to 2.0 - or maybe from an earlier version?

Maybe something crept in that makes Win8 behave a bit different than Win7 did.

Oh, and did you install the Microsoft Updates?

Some people just don't bother - and wonder why Win8 behaves buggy.

Edited by gnartsch