The Dark Mod Forums

Can't update

janiashvili

Greetings!

I can't update to 2.01 for some reason - running tdm_update.exe (even as administrator) does absolutely nothing. It doesn't even open.

TDM 2.0 was downloaded with torrent as I remember if this matters.

Have downloaded latest updater from website and still it does the same: After double-clicking the tdm_update.com cursor "thinks" for second and nothing happens.

Any help would be appreciated..

Have you read through this thread?

http://forums.thedar...un-the-updater/

Well.... Unlike him I hadn't any errors... So "New Horizon"(at Thief's forum) told me to rather create new topic about this...

Anyway, I gave administrator and my user(which had administrator rights e.e) all the permissions and uncheked read-only attribute of darkmod folder.

And it works! Thanks Lux!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• nbohr1more

Was checking out old translation packs and decided to fire up TDM 1.07. Rightful Property with sub-20 FPS areas yay! ( same areas run at 180FPS with cranked eye candy on 2.12 )
      · 1 reply
    • taffernicus

i am so euphoric to see new FMs keep coming out and I am keen to try it out in my leisure time, then suddenly my PC is spouting a couple of S.M.A.R.T errors...
      tbf i cannot afford myself to miss my network emulator image file&progress, important ebooks, hyper-v checkpoint & hyper-v export and the precious thief & TDM gamesaves. Don't fall yourself into & lay your hands on crappy SSD

· 3 replies
    • OrbWeaver

Does anyone actually use the Normalise button in the Surface inspector? Even after looking at the code I'm not quite sure what it's for.
      · 7 replies
    • Ansome

Turns out my 15th anniversary mission idea has already been done once or twice before! I've been beaten to the punch once again, but I suppose that's to be expected when there's over 170 FMs out there, eh? I'm not complaining though, I love learning new tricks and taking inspiration from past FMs. Best of luck on your own fan missions!
      · 4 replies