The Dark Mod Forums

Can I save things I build with brushes to make part of my toolbox?

Deadlove

I've been building this table. After I'm done, I want to know if possible for me to select all the brushes and if the program can save the size of the and textures into a pre-made design that I can select and add anywhere in any of my missions without hassle of copy/paste everything.

Is that what a pre-fab is?

This is getting to be quite a lot of brushes on one object. And I'm also very intrigued by the use of building and stretching all the cubes to create dimension and form. It's very artistic, but also reminds me of being a child and playing with Lego blocks building. :P

I'm sorry again for dumb questions, but I'm a sound engineer. I play certain games that I'm very passionate about but all of this learning with Radiant is Greek or any other unknown language / program to me.

Thanks!

Glenham%20Stronghold_zpsu8d9vn22.jpg

All this stuff and many of the other stuff you keep making new threads about is covered in Fidcal's beginners guide. If you just spent a night or two going through it you would save yourself so much time.

No offense, but who is to tell who what is the right way to have fun engaging a program and playing with it if I want to spend a week building a detailed table instead of a night or two with A-Z which I've already done and it is still Greek to me.

And with all due respect, who is anyone to complain at me for wanting to seek answers to questions I don't understand cuz I've never worked with any fucking editor before, all I've done is play games, and all I'm seeking is information to help me enrich my knowledge to make things to expand the TDM community?

Isn't that what this forum is for? So what if I've gone thru the A-Z and the wiki and it makes no sense because I don't have a basic understanding of what the fuck a brush, texture, model, pre-fab, shader, spawnarg, visportal, etc. because I've never been exposed to this shit till joining this forum. Not all of us are as well versed in computer programming terms and I'm not ashamed to admit I'm ignorant to it and am not too prideful to ask for help instead of read the A-Z and still not understand, get frustrated and not try another solution of asking another person who has experience instead of a manual / textbook that I can't make sense of anyway.

Sorry for needing to be taught and spoonfed and being handicapped, at least I still have a lot of heart and keep getting up and trying after posters patronize me cuz I can't follow their A-Z dogma of how DR is supposed to be used.

Love you guys. See you next time for another episode of stupid questions from Deadlove.

Well, since this argument between "You could just read the tutorial" and the "I prefer to ask real people" was repeated in various threads, I would suggest, that you could open a thread a la "Deadlove's Dark Radiant Questions" in which you post the questions you have. That way you have all your questions and answers in one thread (which makes it easier for yourself, should you have to search for a question asked before) and other people don't see a new thread every time you ask a question.

• Like 1