The Dark Mod Forums

What Software For Textures?

sparhawk

What software are you using to create textures? I'm thinking of creating some, at least I want to give it a try, but I have only GIMP installed, and I sure don't know much about photoshop. Of coure Paint is also available. :)

I have photoshop on hand but I haven't yet learned the art of texturing but if you're interested in it, I could zip you up a copy. I also have a complete Photoshop Book in PDF format.

That would be cool. I can give it a try. I also have a book about GIMP, but until now I didn't really look at it, because I never did much with textures. Actually I think we are pretty low on stucco textures or models, (textures would probably suffice, because currently it seems we have exactly zero fo them. So I wanted to give this a try. But don't expect to much from me. Well, if it turns out okish, I might share it with you. Depends on how emberrasing it will turn out. :)

I downloaded some images as sources, so I will give them a try. You can look them up by using google images and enter "stuck gips" which is german for stucco and plaster. This will yield several nice images. "stuck rosette" also yields some but not so much.

Gerhard

Well, I wanted to start on the Stim/response system but I don't have a handy map. So I figured, when I have to create a testmap, I can just as well make it nice to look at. :) The problem is that this will cost time though, because I'm probably pretty bad at this other stuff and it will take me much longer to create such a map then our mappers or modelers would need.

Gerhard

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• nbohr1more

Was checking out old translation packs and decided to fire up TDM 1.07. Rightful Property with sub-20 FPS areas yay! ( same areas run at 180FPS with cranked eye candy on 2.12 )
      · 2 replies
    • taffernicus

i am so euphoric to see new FMs keep coming out and I am keen to try it out in my leisure time, then suddenly my PC is spouting a couple of S.M.A.R.T errors...
      tbf i cannot afford myself to miss my network emulator image file&progress, important ebooks, hyper-v checkpoint & hyper-v export and the precious thief & TDM gamesaves. Don't fall yourself into & lay your hands on crappy SSD

· 5 replies
    • OrbWeaver

Does anyone actually use the Normalise button in the Surface inspector? Even after looking at the code I'm not quite sure what it's for.
      · 7 replies
    • Ansome

Turns out my 15th anniversary mission idea has already been done once or twice before! I've been beaten to the punch once again, but I suppose that's to be expected when there's over 170 FMs out there, eh? I'm not complaining though, I love learning new tricks and taking inspiration from past FMs. Best of luck on your own fan missions!
      · 4 replies
    • The Black Arrow

I wanna play Doom 3, but fhDoom has much better features than dhewm3, yet fhDoom is old, outdated and probably not supported. Damn!
      Makes me think that TDM engine for Doom 3 itself would actually be perfect.
      · 6 replies