The Dark Mod Forums

Robots/steam Beasts

thestemmer

Hello there, I know it's been awhile since I've posted, but I'm still watching your project with eager anticipation. Today I'm interested in whether you are still planning to implement an AI character similar to the robots/steam beasts of T2. I seem to remember seeing the concept art for one of them awhile back, and it made me almost wet myself because they were one of my favorite enemies in the Thief series. I've looked over old posts, and it seems there was some talk about putting them with the Inventor's Guild, but lately there has been hardly any mention of them. Are they still slated for release? And if so, are you thinking about giving them any unique Dark Mod twists?

I wonder what you are on about. You have just enough information!

Too late to save us but try to understand

The seas were empty -- there was hunger in the land

We let the madmen write the golden rules

We were just Children of the Moon

We're lost in the middle of a hopeless world

Children, Children of the Moon watch the world go by

Children, Children of the Moon are hiding from the Sun and the Sky

© The Alan Parsons Project - Children of the Moon

Alright, let me make the question a little more specific, then. What will they look like? From the previous concept art I saw, they looked a lot like the 'bots in the T2 cutscenes, which I took as a very good sign. But , of course, the concept might have changed a lot since then.

(Hint, hint: a screenshot would do wonders here. Even if somebody just re-posted the previous concept art. I can't seem to find it anywhere.)

Also, if you don't mind me asking, do you have any plans for different types of robots in the works?

Alright, let me make the question a little more specific, then. What will they look like? From the previous concept art I saw, they looked a lot like the 'bots in the T2 cutscenes, which I took as a very good sign. But , of course, the concept might have changed a lot since then.

(Hint, hint: a screenshot would do wonders here. Even if somebody just re-posted the previous concept art. I can't seem to find it anywhere.)

Also, if you don't mind me asking, do you have any plans for different types of robots in the works?

The answer was brief because we don't have anything to tell you about them just yet. :) There's a lot to do and oDDity has his work cut out for him. He'll surprise us with some bot models when we least expect it. Until then, we're working on the inner game systems.

Okay, okay, sorry for being pushy. We all know that oDDity works in mysterious ways, and I for one am willing to wait as long as need be for his work to be finished. There's no denying the outstanding quality.

Just for the record, though, did I hear that there will be "some" bot models? :laugh:

Edited by thestemmer

We do have one untextured game model bot which wasn't made by me, but by Deep Omega. and the concept was by GIMG (I think)

If they want to show you that they can.

As for the T2- ish bot concepts I designed, you can find them (and more TDM stuff you havent' seen) at my website (in my sig)

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

!!!Reaching Critical Mass!!!

That's just cruel. Where's Dram? He's usually good at leaking enough information to keep us loyal fans satiated.

LOL, when have i leaked information? :rolleyes:

ok ok ok, so i may have accidentally said a bit too much one or two occasions ehehe..

Anyways, to answer the question directly, yes there will be steam bots or whatever similar to Thief ones :)

That's enough of a leak right? :P

Are "concepts" high-poly models that will not make it directly into game? Would they be used for renderbumping, or just as inspiration?

Concepts can be 2d drawings, paintings or hgh poly models. They are subject to change before the final in-game model, obviosuly, for technical and/or asthetic reasons.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

We do have one untextured game model bot which wasn't made by me, but by Deep Omega. and the concept was by GIMG (I think)

If they want to show you that they can.

As for the T2- ish bot concepts I designed, you can find them (and more TDM stuff you havent' seen) at my website (in my sig)

Thanks for pointing out that link to me, oDDity. Please excuse me while I wipe the drool away from my mouth.