The Dark Mod Forums

Menuing

Napalm

Did you ever manage to change the cursor when you did the menus, Napalm? If so, how did you do it?

I enver changed it, simply because I never had an image. I did find the cursor in the .pk4 however, I'll hunt it down again. These forums seem kind of empty, I had question, is the main menus in the other thread in game yet or not?

• 3 weeks later...
I did find the cursor in the .pk4 however, I'll hunt it down again

Dumple is away at the moment, possibly due to back problems, so in the meantime, Napalm, can you see about finding out how to modify the mouse pointer in the GUIs?

I'll upload a graphic tonight you can use as a test replacement.

I think Gildorian has the failure screen almost finished.

Here's the mouse pointer, btw. Once we get it working we can replace it with better art.

Graphic

Got it working!! NH pointed out the .dds also has ui sections (doh), I converted it and moved the file to the appropriate area, cursor is live and fuctioning. Only problem is that is looks a little odd since I had to resize it majorly and do some alpha work, and at the smaller size the detail is to detailed to look right. They used a 32x32 for the original, I can try other sizes but I'm not sure how they will work out. Next step anyone?

On a seperate note, is there anyway I can get updated menus through FTP or CVS access please

Good job! Don't worry about making that particular graphic look good--it isn't what we will be using for the real thing. :)

Now, we need to get drumple back here so we can make some more progress here....

Well, you could work with Ishtvan on the Mission Statistics gui. I posted the concept in that thread. http://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?showtopic=3800 It uses the same background as these main menus, but you won't really need the graphics in order to start it, right?

edit: Don't you have ftp access? I think that's where drumple is posting the menus.

Or...

If you'd rather, you could work on the Objectives gui. It's quite easy and I can give you all the relevant graphics. You'll have to import a new font though (but wait until we're sure which one). http://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?showtopic=3808

What's your preference?

Hmm, got the menus, where do I get the fonts so they work though? also, is the quit button supposed to work or is it not done yet, because I had quit menus complete already if the code can be copied in same goes for button sounds and background musci, cause its so lonley without those.

I don't know, you'd have to ask drumple. Unfortunately he's been away for the last two weeks.