The Dark Mod Forums

Any Idea How They Did This?

Springheel

This looks very cool. I want those spider webs! :) Any idea how they might have accomplished that?

http://mods.moddb.com/gallery/image/17163/

Come to think of it, are there spider webs already in D3?

I've been looking for a good spiderweb texture for a long, long while now. I've tried everything, even dog fur, but so far haven't come up with anything wispy enough.

Dom...I don't remember spiderwebs being in the game. I've looked through the editor but haven't found anything even remotely resembling them.

yes there were spider(actually trite)-webs, but not like on the screenshot. IMHO the trite-webs were very ugly <_<

And looking at that screenshot, i would imagine they are using the same. A spiderweb texture coiuld be made at a MUCH higher resolution than the ones in that shot.

It would also be nifty if we could make the webs kinda flutter a bit, though i think they did that in doom3.

http://www.thirdfilms. com

A Thief's Path trailer is now on Youtube!

Well, if they aren't textures, then how were they made? Anyone mind if I send an email to the mod group and ask them on our behalf?

I talk to Rgun on occasion, I think I might've mentioned the spiderwebs in my last conversation with him...

They are just regular textures, Spring...it's just hard to find a good one. You could probably draw a even better one up in about 5 minutes to tell the truth, make it high res and slap it on a purple background and we're good to go.