The Dark Mod Forums

Ai Modelling Task Tracking Page

Springheel

Thief -- ascottk

- resized

- rotated

- added animations (ripped off from the builder guard :laugh: )

- moved to models/md5/chars/thief

- has an entityDef so he's ready to go as an AI

He needs some rigging tweaks & his head needs to be chopped off :ph34r: & needs mitten hands (why? because he's cold)

Let me now if I forgot something :blink: I probably did . . .

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm, I just tried the thief and got a 'animations don't match' error that crashed the editor. Don't have time to look into it right at the moment, but could be a CVS corruption thing again.

Hmm, I just tried the thief and got a 'animations don't match' error that crashed the editor. Don't have time to look into it right at the moment, but could be a CVS corruption thing again.

That happened to me earlier today (that corruption thing). I'll try recommitting it just in case.

I see what the problem is, but I don't know what's causing it. All the thief textures and meshes have moved back to models/chars/thief after the last update, as opposed to being in models/md5/chars/thief where they should be.

I saw a lot of "moving thief1x.x to make room for thief2x.x" kind of messages while downloading, but didn't pay much attention to them since I've seen them before. But this time they actually seemed to mean something.

Anyone know why this folder keeps moving?

edit: actually, that didn't solve the problem. The error message I'm getting is:

"...tdm_ai_thief.md5mesh" joint names don't match anim "...af_pose.md5anim"

Anyone know why this folder keeps moving?

edit: actually, that didn't solve the problem. The error message I'm getting is:

"...tdm_ai_thief.md5mesh" joint names don't match anim "...af_pose.md5anim"

Strange. He works on my machine. I double checked to see if the joints match in a text editor. I even checked out his folder in a separate directory & looked at the joint names there.

Anyway, the only thing I can think of is the def file is pointing to a separate af_pose. All of the animations should be in the same directory as the mesh.

Try commenting out the af_pose (or other animations conflicting with the mesh) in the def file for now.

Spring, that definetly means the mesh file is not the same exported version as the animation file. So some files are not updated.

Now, it could be the CVS repository, or your local computer, that has the files out of synch.

The fact that ascottk has him working may not mean that CVS is in synch, if he has been working on the thief himself. Because then it's possible that when he uploaded it, it didn't go up properly.

Sorry, haven't had a chance to check this again yet..been working on the new zombie.

Elite City Watch -- ascottk

- mitten hands added

- head cut off

- resized

- texture reorg

The head joint on the body is too low for most heads. I added an offset head model definition which is the default (offset ( 0 0 2)) along with an elitecity head with no offset.

Hey, you added some movement to the other joints when they turn their heads! I was just looking into how to do that when I noticed they were now already doing it. :) Nice job!

Hey, you added some movement to the other joints when they turn their heads! I was just looking into how to do that when I noticed they were now already doing it. :) Nice job!

Yeah, I started adding oDD's joints to the defs files:

"look_min"						"-90 -125 0"
"look_max"						"25 125 0"
"look_joint Spine"				"0.4 0.4 0"
"look_joint Head"				"0.6 0.6 0"

"chatter_min"					"3"
"chatter_max"					"4"
"chatter_combat_min"			"2"
"chatter_combat_max"			"2"

"ik_numLegs"					"2"
"ik_footSize"					"4"
"ik_waist"						"Hips"
"ik_hip1"						"LeftUpLeg"
"ik_hip2"						"RightUpLeg"
"ik_knee1"						"LeftLeg"
"ik_knee2"						"RightLeg"
"ik_ankle1"						"LeftFoot"
"ik_ankle2"						"RightFoot"
"ik_dir1"						"LeftLegRoll"
"ik_dir2"						"RightLegRoll"
"ik_foot1"						"LeftToeBase"
"ik_foot2"						"RightToeBase"

"def_attach"					"ai_weapon_longsword"
"def_dropDeathItem"				"ai_weapon_longsword_drop"
"dropDeathItemJoint"			"RightHand"
"dropDeathItemRotation"			"0 0 0"
//"skin_dropDeath"				"hammer_drop"

"damage_zone chest"			"*Spine2 -*Neck"
"damage_zone left_arm"			"*LeftArm"
"damage_zone right_arm"			"*RightArm"
"damage_zone legs"			"*Hips origin Spine"

I actually tried "look_joint" "Hips" but that one moved to whole model! So I changed it to Spine.

Did you change anything about the frequency of them looking? They seem to look around a LOT now...in fact, they're looking around more often than they're staring straight ahead.

Did you change anything about the frequency of them looking? They seem to look around a LOT now...in fact, they're looking around more often than they're staring straight ahead.

Actually, I never touched those. There's something to play around with I guess. btw, I'm trying to replace the player model with the thief.

I'm getting the following error when loading maps with elitewatch using different heads in them.

post-9-1160935731_thumb.jpg

Weird, I get this even trying to load maps with just regular elitewatch in them, no swapped heads at all.

I've deleted the entire elitewatch and thief folders and I'm redownloading them to see if that fixes the problem.

edit: nope, still getting it when I try to load warehouse.map. Anyone else having this problem?

Weird, I get this even trying to load maps with just regular elitewatch in them, no swapped heads at all.

I've deleted the entire elitewatch and thief folders and I'm redownloading them to see if that fixes the problem.

edit: nope, still getting it when I try to load warehouse.map. Anyone else having this problem?

I'd check the tdm_ai_heads.def:

model head_elitecitywatch {
mesh							models/md5/chars/guards/elite_citywatch/elitecitywatch_head.md5mesh
channel eyelids					( Ruplid Rlolid Luplid Llolid )

anim idle						models/md5/chars/guards/elite_citywatch/head_idle.md5anim
anim stand						models/md5/chars/guards/elite_citywatch/head_idle.md5anim
anim blink						models/md5/chars/guards/elite_citywatch/head_blink.md5anim
anim dead						models/md5/chars/guards/elite_citywatch/head_death.md5anim
//offset						  ( 0 0 12 )
}

model head_elitecitywatch_offset {
mesh							models/md5/chars/guards/elite_citywatch/elitecitywatch_head.md5mesh
channel eyelids					( Ruplid Rlolid Luplid Llolid )

anim idle						models/md5/chars/guards/elite_citywatch/head_idle.md5anim
anim stand						models/md5/chars/guards/elite_citywatch/head_idle.md5anim
anim blink						models/md5/chars/guards/elite_citywatch/head_blink.md5anim
anim dead						models/md5/chars/guards/elite_citywatch/head_death.md5anim
offset						  ( 0 0 2 )
}

It looks like my citywatch_offset hadn't been updated...it was pointing to D3 animations.

edit: btw, all offsets should now go in the ai entity def, right?

It looks like my citywatch_offset hadn't been updated...it was pointing to D3 animations.

edit: btw, all offsets should now go in the ai entity def, right?

I've been missing your edits! I think the offsets might be easier this way because it seems like less work for mappers, I guess.

Hey, where did that 'look around' animation come from? I vaguely remember it but haven't seen it for a while--was it one of the ones on the FTP?

Hey, where did that 'look around' animation come from? I vaguely remember it but haven't seen it for a while--was it one of the ones on the FTP?

Don't quote me on this but I thought it was automatic as soon as I added:

"look_min"						"-90 -125 0"
"look_max"						"25 125 0"
"look_joint Spine"				"0.4 0.4 0"
"look_joint Head"				"0.6 0.6 0"

to the def files with the appropriate joints. Originally the look_joint Spine was the Waist, then I tried Hips which made the whole model look around.

Yeah, that probably allowed them to turn around and look behind them, which is cool. But that's actually not what I meant. There's an animation on the Thief where he raises his hand up to shield his eyes and then looks around.