The Dark Mod Forums

Model Preview Cutting Image When Maximized

Not sure what is causing this. I'm testing under windows since I can compile on linux for some reason.

Basically, I'm seeing this when I make the model viewer any larger.

post-3-1170036897_thumb.jpg

As you can see, it's cutting off the top of the model and not scaling the actual render view...just creating empty black space. Not sure if this has something to do with the user.xml file mentioned elsewhere...but I cleared all of my DR settings, so I thought that this should reset it as well. This is also a fresh installation, I removed all previous versions.

post-3-1170036911_thumb.jpg

In regards to the model preview, I had anticipated that it would be resized more like this, rather than a large rectangular box. This may be an issue with my files, so I'll wait until someone has a look into it. If it is only scaling up to a large rectangle, it would be far more beneficial to reduce the width of the other two windows and give DR users a nice large window to view their selections. :)

I will report this in the DR bug tracker as well, with a corresponding link to this thread.

Partially corrected issue by deleting the user.0.6.0.xml file in my documents and settings/ application files folder. Maximizing the window still cuts off a portion of the maximized renderview. Is there any way we can allow this window to scale with the model view window automatically, without having to hard code the size?

Orb, I realize it's probably a lot more work than its worth to allow the window to scale into shapes beyond a simple square. Would it be possible to give the user the choice of a small, medium, large, view window on the model selector itself and then 'lock it' so it can't be maximized or resized? It's just a cosmetic thing, but the appearance of the black bar cutting off the top of the image looks more like a bug than a design choice to the uninitiated. :) Locking it from being drag resized and maximized would be alright in my books. They did it in T3Ed, but since we're giving a much larger window...I see no reason not to lock it to maintain a clean look. :)

The black bar is a bug, the preview is not supposed to scale but because it has nothing above or below it now, the black space is added when the window is resized. It might in theory be possible to allow proper scaling, in which case the window would have to use a split pane with draggable separator, but if not I will simply put the preview in a container which prevents it from expanding when the window is maximised (the space will be filled with gray dialog background instead).

The black bar is a bug, the preview is not supposed to scale but because it has nothing above or below it now, the black space is added when the window is resized. It might in theory be possible to allow proper scaling, in which case the window would have to use a split pane with draggable separator, but if not I will simply put the preview in a container which prevents it from expanding when the window is maximised (the space will be filled with gray dialog background instead).

Nah, I don't think scaling is really worth the effort. The default size is very good now, although a small, medium, large, option would be good...just have it take effect upon restart. After that, just lock the whole model preview from being maximized or scaled. It really doesn't need to. :) It's fine as is.

Edited

Resizing the viewport in pixels should be easy, it is just a single call I think. This would result in the contents of the viewport staying the same, except that the image would be stretched or squashed into the new viewport size.

If you wanted to actually change the field of view with the window size, so that the object stayed the same size but you could see more or less of it, this would require more processing.