The Dark Mod Forums

Model request: new dining table

Tels

I am looking for a big dining table for my old mill.

However, the "huge" model doesn't even fit into the room (and believe me, the hall is big :) and the other models are just too small.

Could somebody please take one of the existing tables and enlarge it by a factor of 2, or take the huge table and make it 50% smaller? :)

Oh, and please gridalign the table's origins, also making the tables an even grid-size would be very much appreciated. I tried to place two small tables next to each other, but they do not align, leaving a gap :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Here is a comparisation of the table sizes in the editor, the dining hall is taking up about 90% of the window space:

post-144-1195991735_thumb.jpg

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

You can try the resizing hack. With some models it is horrible and the texture is rendered near black but many are fine. Note the small table in the back room in Thief's Den. Everyone accepts it, nobody has complained - yet it is the same model as the big one in the other room. :)

You can try the resizing hack. With some models it is horrible and the texture is rendered near black but many are fine. Note the small table in the back room in Thief's Den. Everyone accepts it, nobody has complained - yet it is the same model as the big one in the other room. :)

Yeah, I might try this as a temp. solution. We really need resizable models! :)

The problem is that the collision model is not scaled accordingly. So if you try to put a movable on the table it might fall down, despite looking as if it should hit the table. At least if you would put it on that part that is scaled. Conversly if you make it smaller, it might be suspended in teh air, because the CM still has the old dimensions but the table looks smaller.

I had this issue with a plank. I scaled it bigger, and then I could walk through the model until I hit the original sized CM of it.

We can fix this only when the source is released.

Gerhard

Another prob with scalling down that huge dining table is the number of legs on it. They will get all squished and there will be way too many legs for a small table.

I will make another medium size one from an existing table (keep same tex/skins)

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

dining_table_med_01 added. Don't ask for another size :angry:

Just joking. I think that should cover just about anything as far as fancy tables goes. We could probably use another size of cheaper table but that'll have to wait.

I could barely see the texture details in Max so I made a light wood version and added skins for about 6 tables.

dining_table_med_01 added. Don't ask for another size :angry:

Just joking. I think that should cover just about anything as far as fancy tables goes. We could probably use another size of cheaper table but that'll have to wait.

I'll try the table and tell you how it goes. I'd rather have you resize the table for 20 mins, than me rebuilding my entire mill backsection just to fit the table in :)

Btw, I do think the "huge" table should be called giant - what kind of hall do you need to fit it in? *ponders* :)

I could barely see the texture details in Max so I made a light wood version and added skins for about 6 tables.

Cheers! :D

I'll try the table and tell you how it goes. I'd rather have you resize the table for 20 mins, than me rebuilding my entire mill backsection just to fit the table in :)

Btw, I do think the "huge" table should be called giant - what kind of hall do you need to fit it in? *ponders* :)

Cheers! :D

Uhm, bad news. It is still to big :( *hides in dark corner*

post-144-1196194317_thumb.jpg

The hall is roughly as long as the new medium table is long (see the fireplace on the left and the painting on the right)

You can see for comparisation the small (which is actually just normal table sized) dining table and 6 chairs around it.

My wish would have been for a table that is roughly twice the length and 50% more width of the current small dining table - that would result in quite a big table already.

The new "medium" table is something for a HUGE castle hall. The "huge" table is uh, something for Giant Land :)

Well, I made it to fit in between the existing table sizes. I think in fact I didn't need to make one, you want dtable 02which is almost exactly twice the lenght of the small dining table. I agree that the med designation might not be best... But how many tables do we need

dmtablechartur2.th.jpg

BTW, If you want stuff made specific sizes (which in most cases is a bad idea, we can't start making objects for each individual room, that needs to be thought out some during building phases) please give a measurement in units. twicve the size as this/that, well...

Well, I made it to fit in between the existing table sizes. I think in fact I didn't need to make one, you want dtable 02which is almost exactly twice the lenght of the small dining table.

Okay, I owe you an apology :blush:

Now using dinging_table2 and it is perfect in the size. The problem is, the model viewer doesn't show anything for size comparisation, so both tables diningtable1 and table2 look identical sized and I thought they only differ in texture or leg size or whatever. :(

So I only tried the table1 and table huge and they both were too small or too big and I missed table 2 :( Sorry again.

(The only problem I see with table2 is the rounded ends - anyone sitting at the end will have a hard time reaching his plate - so I opted for 4 chairs on each side :)

BTW, If you want stuff made specific sizes (which in most cases is a bad idea, we can't start making objects for each individual room, that needs to be thought out some during building phases) please give a measurement in units. twicve the size as this/that, well...

No no having stuff made individually is not a good idea. But it needs to be roughly the size to fit into the room. Some things like dressers, chairs etc. all have the same size, but tables and beds come in a lot of different sizes so we need at least some variety, too.

Btw, you are aware that the huge table is about 13m long? :)

Well, you can always try to build your own table if you want... And then make it func_static.

Yeah, but it takes much work, and won't look as good :D

We could always rename all the tables with sizes in the names :D

Joking. Yeah, their proportions are close so in the viewer they do look the same. While I don't want to rename anymore maybe they should be renamed with sml and lrg in the names....

We could always rename all the tables with sizes in the names :D

Joking. Yeah, their proportions are close so in the viewer they do look the same. While I don't want to rename anymore maybe they should be renamed with sml and lrg in the names....

No, we need to fix the model viewer to give some sense of scale :) The barrels have the same problem, they look identical in the model viewer and you have *no* idea how big they actually are, or even that they are actually not the same size.

Opened bug report:

http://bugs.angua.at/view.php?id=447