The Dark Mod Forums

Mayhem Intergalactic in Indie Game Showcase - I need your help!

Crispy

I've posted previously about my solo indie game, Mayhem Intergalactic. I've spent over two years pouring my heart and soul into it, and I'm exhausted! Turns out that this is possibly the least efficient way to make money. I don't care, though; it's less about the money and more about trying to make a living from something I love. Trying and failing, so far. Oh well! :D

Life goes on, however; I recently released v1.1, which features much improved graphics and audio. Check out the demo (for Windows; direct link, 28 MB) if you're interested.

In other news, I've entered the Indie Game Showcase competition, and I need your help! If you like the game, please vote for it on the Indie Game Showcase website. Tell your friends; tell your family; tell your neighbours; even tell your worst enemies, so that they get addicted to the game and lose all their sleep! This is a big competition and will have loads of people voting in it, so I need every vote to make the difference!

Thanks heaps!

mayhemig1_sm.jpg mayhemig2_sm.jpg mayhemig3_sm.jpg

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Great, thanks guys!

You have my sincere apologies, Vadrosaul. ^_^

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Is there a Linux version? I tried the Windows Demo under Cedega and got:

post-144-1206102183_thumb.png

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Odd, it works under Wine. Or it used to at any rate.

There's no public Linux version yet, sorry. I have it working on my Linux development machine, I just need to package it. I've been meaning to do that for a while now; there just always seems to be something ahead of it on the priority list!

Odd, it works under Wine. Or it used to at any rate.

I tend to use Cedega, because it has that nice "virtual" thing e.g. each program get's its own virtual windows environment and they are totally seperate. Meaning if you want to get rid of one, you just delete it (aka "the folder").

With wine, everything seems to end up in the same windows, and I don't like this pollution.

But I can try it with wine, have it installed here, too.

There's no public Linux version yet, sorry. I have it working on my Linux development machine, I just need to package it. I've been meaning to do that for a while now; there just always seems to be something ahead of it on the priority list!

*pokes you* Go and package it, son! :D

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Wine sayz:

te@te:~/incoming/games$ wine mayhemig-setup-demo-1.1.0.exe

Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.

Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not accessible.

Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.

Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not accessible.

err:wineboot:main Cannot set the dir to L"c:\\windows" (2)

It then does nothing, just sits there, not even eating CPU time.

if you press CTRL-C, a while later it emits:

fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"

and then ends. That game isn't that exciting, if you ask me :P

Hm, wineconfig sais something about "you haven't configured yet", then spews more error messages aong the same lines, and a bunch of others.

Drats, I amgiving up. Back to playing Guild Wars I guess...

Sorry to hear that. Wine is a bit finicky at the best of times.

I'll let you know when the Linux version comes out. :)

Sorry to hear that. Wine is a bit finicky at the best of times.

I'll let you know when the Linux version comes out. :)

Cool, thanx! Looking forward to try it out.