The Dark Mod Forums

textures/darkmod/stone/flat/smooth re-organization?

Fidcal

A ton of textures in my main map are screwed up - I think all in textures/darkmod/stone/flat/smooth re-organization.

I've changed a couple to what I think are the new ones

textures/darkmod/stone/flat/smooth/marble_grey01

textures/darkmod/stone/flat/smooth/marble_white01

but two are a different scale and out of line...

textures/darkmod/stone/flat/smooth_marble_pattern01_centersun

textures/darkmod/stone/flat/smooth_marble_pattern02_crosshair

How can that be? It looks larger and it was already very large.

Now I'm finding more...

What's the story? I'd like to know why I have this extra work to do to get back to what I had yesterday. :rolleyes:

Comparing with an earlier version it looks like all paths ... flat/smooth/etc... are changed to flat/smooth_etc. I don't know why that was necessary but on its own it means my changing all the effected textures in my map. That is a minor annoyance (though I wish it had been announced.) But I'm puzzled why some surfaces the scale has gone wrong and I'm not sure by what amount. It looks like it might be 2 or 3 or 4 times bigger. Perhaps its a Dark Radiant thing and find and replace restores the default scale?

My best option might be to use a text editor and search and replace smooth/ with smooth_ I'll try that next.

This has caused problems with models too, which were using the old shader names.

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=184767

Mmm.. I see. Well my idea worked for my map apparently. I did a search and replace in a text editor and it fixed the lot in seconds. And they looked scaled OK in DR.

Question is, are the textures going to be changed back or stay like this?

Search and replace won't work for models. I'm still curious about the conditions under which they were changed. Established shader names should never be changed without at least a notice.

Who was the last person to modify it before AH? I think his most recent change was just to restore a shader that used to be there for the tub model.

This has only just happened in the last 24 hours. I looked at my map yesterday or the day before to check something else in that area and it was OK. The previous change to the file was about 5 weeks ago. I compared the previous version with the current version so there's no doubt.