The Dark Mod Forums

Models For Skinning/skinned Models

_Atti_

3 locks High/low:

atlockshigh2yd.th.jpg

Shoeholder high/low: i dont its proper english name but it for storing shoes,sandals etc to save them from dust,rats,cats whatever:)

atshoeholder7vw.th.jpg

Furn01 High/low: a little piece of furniture for storing whatever..

atfurn014gx.th.jpg

Furn02 High/low: a bigger piece of furniture..with a nicer texture it could be used in a nobles room or with a more used texture it could be used in kitchens or slave quarters/barracks

atfurn021in.th.jpg

(texture is really just a piece of wood texture put over the uwv coordinates :) )

i uvw-ed that one, however i am not too satisfied with how its done..

well i upload the original high/low 3ds and the uvw-d .obj with the baked diffuse map and the normal incuded..so you can decide if you like my uwv or rather make a new one.

edit:on ftp you can find furnitures in props/furnitures in separate folders according to modelname

and the lock in the misc folder

atcoathanger7ht.th.jpg

This one i've tried to do fully..texture created from scratch;)

however if someone wants its free for retexturing since it not looks to real:)

This piece of furniture i meant to use with either:

-Coathangers placed at the top of those panels (i think those should be separate model cause it could be used many places even alone)

-a big mirror attached on the panels (not sure if big mirrors were possibly that time however..)

Yeah, I think it would be smoother if it were porcelin. I'd personally go for a moulded iron look myself rather than white ceramic. :)

The pipes are fine. Wealthy homes have steam-driven plumbing. I like the top one, but it definitely needs a normal map with some rivets. :)

ok..

then i have to remake the uvw because i was thinking in ceramic material that doesnt have any special detail on it..

could you put some X-ses on the picture as to where you imagined the rivets..

if plumbing is there than i guess a pipe going down from it is needed too..

atbath033ng.th.jpg

A question to someone with Lightwave: How can i easily create a poly if i have the points? i gotta cap some holes on this model and i dont want to bing it back to max..

(the low poly was old model and i didnt know of the shadow problems when i was making that)

That might be a little confusing for a cheap mug, Atti. It looks a lot like gold to me.

Yeah, that's more like it. :) I think our plan is to try and make it fairly clear what is loot and what isn't just by looking at it. So anything that isn't loot should be careful to not look like loot. Making the first one more brassy, or perhaps scratched up, would probably be enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Furniture looks good. As far as modelling, I don't think there's any immediate need for anything at the moment. We're still low on decorative items. And we have nothing in our dungeon folder yet. Feel like doing a rotting body in a crow's cage? :)

http://www.visualparadox.com/images/no-lin...crowcage640.jpg

I wouldn't suggest a skeleton like that one...way too clean. I was thinking of something more cadavar-like. People put into crows cages were generally covered with pitch to keep them from rotting or being eaten too quickly. And yes, some of gleeful's models would be great additions to the dungeon folder. :)