Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13783 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 11:18 AM

Get it here.
Minimalist Project 1.3

Cleaning up a little bit.

-Lowered the visual abilities of AI slightly due to some complaints.
-Tweaked the run/walk/creep animations and speed.  Adjusting the creep to make noise required creep to be a little bit faster, I have hopefully gotten the original speed back but retained the footsteps.
-Swapped the "Thief and Assassin" buttons on the playstyles page.

Update 2: March 19th:
-fixed issues with AI combat speed causing the AI to be very inaccurate when they attack you.

Also fixed the bug where the health shields were broken after drinking a health potion.  This was a bug in Deadly Shadows where the clear gems would get stuck on after drinking a potion.  Evidently there is something wrong with the clear gem, which is unfortunate since it made adding the health shields cleaner.  Now that I have to overwrite the red gems with the shields, several models will look somewhat funny since the red gems were shared on a few models.  Hope it doesn't bother too many people.

#2 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 11:40 AM

Is this now the last version?
Gerhard

#3 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13783 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 11:42 AM

Is this now the last version?

Yup, I'm done. I've just been picking at it here and there since August.....then darkmod came along and of course my focus is on that now, so it took awhile to get this out. ;)

I might need to tidy up a few things but I think it's pretty solid.

#4 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 11:47 AM

Great job! :) This is one thing that makes TDS bearable. :)
Gerhard

#5 Macsen

Macsen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2101 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:54 PM

Congrats New Horizon! I applaud your effort. :)

I'll play it first before going on about how great it is. ;)

#6 Redface

Redface

• PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 02:16 PM

I think Im going to buy the game just to see this in action :P

actually I planned to buy that damned game for a year now. screw it.

#7 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13783 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 04:23 PM

Thanks guys. I hope you enjoy it. There are a few quirks, like when you choose a playstyle, some of the restrictions don't appear until you check your objectives ingame. Just a glitch since the custom objectives were ripped out prior to release and now they're hacked back in somewhat.

For ghosting, I also had to allow for 3 bodies to be discovered as there are missions where AI could kill each other and if they discover the body it goes against you.

Hopefully 3 will be enough.

#8 oDDity

oDDity

Former Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6146 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 04:41 PM

YOu know, I might even force myself to have a play through again with this. Maybe I'll finish it this time.
Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.
- Emil Zola

character models site

#9 Macsen

Macsen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2101 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 04:48 PM

I'm going to a land less broadband for two weeks from Sunday, so I'll probably play T3 again to get my 'Thief fix'. :)

#10 oDDity

oDDity

Former Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6146 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 05:06 PM

I installed the MP, but nothing happened. Everything is just the same.
Maybe it's because I have the game installed in c:/thief3 (thoug that's the directory the I installed the MP to)
I can't even install the 1.1 patch, it says the old files don't exist, but it doesn't give an option of choosing which directory your thief install is.

edit: Strangely enough, when I click on the MP.exe, it defaults to wanting to install into c:/thief3edit which is where I used to have the editor. Maybe something fucked up in my registry..

Edited by oDDity, 17 March 2005 - 05:08 PM.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.
- Emil Zola

character models site

#11 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13783 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 05:09 PM

I installed the MP, but nothing happened. Everything is just the same.
Maybe it's because I have the game installed in c:/thief3 (thoug that's the directory the I installed the MP to)
I can't even install the 1.1 patch, it says the old files don't exist, but it doesn't give an option of choosing which directory your thief install is.

edit: Strangely enough, when I click on the MP.exe, it defaults to wanting to install into c:/thief3edit which is where I used to have the editor. Maybe something fucked up in my registry..

Whoa, what the hell. That's really strange.

I'll ask John P. what he thinks about that. He's got that installer under his belt.

#12 oDDity

oDDity

Former Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6146 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 05:37 PM

Now that I've flicked through my registry and deleted everythign pertainig to the editor, the patch and MP install fine.
I'm not sure if it'll work on all those taffers with the editor installed though. Depending on where they made their install I suppose.
- Emil Zola

character models site

#13 god_is_my_goldfish

god_is_my_goldfish

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 05:56 PM

Great news HN, already downloaded, i'll be playing through t3 with this soon :)

By the way, what exactly are the thiefbot equivelant numbers for your "improved AI sensitivity?"
http://www.thirdfilms. com
A Thief's Path trailer is now on Youtube!
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QpCej-ZIQeg

#14 Ishtvan

Ishtvan

Programmer

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14860 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 06:29 PM

Haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, but just wanted to say congratulations!

Maybe seeing what options you made available will help us resolve our own Dark Mod playstyle vs difficulty setting issues (not likely :lol: )

#15 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13783 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 06:36 PM

Now that I've flicked through my registry and deleted everythign pertainig to the editor, the patch and MP install fine.
I'm not sure if it'll work on all those taffers with the editor installed though. Depending on where they made their install I suppose.

Hmmm, that's something I forgot to add to the installation instructions.

I noticed that with the editor installed, the Minimalist installer would sometimes install to that location by default. Seemed to happen because the Thief Edit exe that drac made over at TTLG changed registry files to point to the editor. When I caught that, I manually entered the path in the installer and it worked fine after that.

#16 Macsen

Macsen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2101 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 06:42 PM

I've played it now, and it's great! It feels as close to the other Thief games as you could have made it. :)

#17 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13783 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 06:43 PM

I've played it now, and it's great! It feels as close to the other Thief games as you could have made it. :)

:) Cool. It's a relief to hear that.

After I've had a few months away from it all...I'll no doubt go back and see what can be further hacked. LOL

#18 oDDity

oDDity

Former Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6146 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 07:20 PM

Ahh yes, that was it. I forgot I used that little registry tweaker when I installed T3edit.
Still, it's funny that when I installed the MP into C:/thief3 the first time, it had no effect. Does it work on version 1.0?
- Emil Zola

character models site

#19 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13783 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:00 PM

Ahh yes, that was it. I forgot I used that little registry tweaker when I installed T3edit.
Still, it's funny that when I installed the MP into C:/thief3 the first time, it had no effect. Does it work on version 1.0?

Yeah, it should since Minimalist doesn't touch the t3.exe. I think that's the only file that gets altered by the T3 patch.

#20 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13783 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 09:21 PM

Update in the first post. Anyone using 1.3 should uninstall it and download the newest verison.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users