Jump to content
The Dark Mod Forums

joebarnin

Member
  • Content Count

    437
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    11

Everything posted by joebarnin

  1. Great, glad you liked it. And glad you were able to finish it
  2. Finished on Expert. Wow, I still can't believe this is a speed build! A very full mission, great atmosphere, details, and effects. Thanks again for the wonderful Christmas present! I did find a couple of problems with objectives:
  3. Wow, what a nice and unexpected Christmas present! Thank you!
  4. Jack - I took a quick look at your map/script. It looks like somehow the GiveQuill script is getting called twice in a row (without RemoveQuill getting called between). I couldn't figure out how that can happen, but there must be some way that it does. Here's a workaround: modify your scripts to remove the quill in GiveQuill, just in case it already exists. Also, specify a global variable so that you don't have to name the entity. E.g.: entity quill; void GiveQuill() { sys.println("Give Quill"); // remove quill in case it already exists quill.remove(); // create quill and attach it to Halfrid's right hand quill = sys.spawn("atdm:moveable_quill_prop"); $Halfrid.attachToPos(quill,"hand_r","HalfridQuill"); } void RemoveQuill() { sys.println("Remove Quill"); quill.remove(); } That would avoid the problem that Hagatha is running into. I haven't done much testing on this technique, so it's just an idea.
  5. The first journal can be found Check the hints in the first post of this thread, they are helpful (sometimes).
  6. Nice mission! Lots to do in a very compact space. I got I concer with Kerry000 - this mission is intuitive. Just when you're thinking "there should be something here", there is. Good use of context and clues. I loved the Great job! Looking forward to your next mission.
  7. Congratulations! I guess I need to put The Outer Worlds aside for a bit...
  8. #1 - I found this in tdm_events.script: /** * Initiates a translation back and forth along the given vector with the given speed and phase. */ scriptEvent void bob(float speed, float phase, vector distance); So maybe that's a way to get things to bob or stop bobbing? I tried a few experiments but couldn't get it to work, but maybe you'll have better luck.
  9. Here's something I did - maybe it'll work for you. Create a thin no draw brush (e.g., tdm_nodrawsolid_wood) that lays on top of the door (in front of it). Convert it to func_static. Set frobable=1. You may have to set frob_distance to a value too. This will 'catch' the frob and prevent the door from getting it. At least, that's what I think happens. Anyway, it worked for me. Specifically, I was having trouble with a user frobbing a switch from the other side of a wall. The switch was on side A of the way, but the player could frob it from side B. So I put the frobable brush on side B, and it blocked the switch from getting frobed from side B.
  10. Thanks for your detailed comments - I'm glad you liked it. For the two items mentioned, the readables could be more explicit. Specifically, and As for that turns out to be
  11. One of the things I struggle with is how hard to make things for the player. I wasn't sure about this mission; that's why I put the hints in right from the start. Still, I was hoping that the main objective could be done without hints. Just had an idea - the difficulty level could actually change the readables, so that the text in the books is more explicit at easier levels. For example, on the hardest level it reads but on the easiest level is reads Has that even been done? Funny thing is, as a player I'm not particularly bright and I usually need hints. ?
  12. krrg - thanks for you comments. D'oh! Good catch. If I ever do version 2, I'll fix that.
  13. Building on what VanishedOne wrote, there are a couple of ways to mark an objective as "invalid". It still shows up in the objectives list, but with a "crossed out" symbol in the checkbox. You can do it with script code: $player1.setObjectiveState( objNum, OBJ_INVALID ); where objNum is the objective number, e.g.: $player1.setObjectiveState( 8, OBJ_INVALID ); Or with an atdm:target_setobjective_state object with the following spawn args: "obj_id1" "8" "obj_state" "2" (once again, assuming the objective is number 8). Make the atdm:target_setobjective_state the target of a trigger.
  14. Jedi - Thanks again for your testing, especially highlighting the performance issues. Let me know how the released version performs inside the cathedral.
×
×
  • Create New...