The Dark Mod Forums

AI knocked out at start

Xonze

Okay, I think I've done my share of searching that I can ask this without feeling guilty. :D

I need an AI that is knocked out when the map starts. I've tried a ragdoll but it seems that it's a corpse and so putting the AI in an area doesn't seem to work. (Really I want the objective to tick off once the player gets to a location while holding the knocked out AI, but not sure how to do that as I'm not sure how a shouldered AI is treated.) I've tried S/R but I may not understand how to apply it to an AI. I've tried a small bit of scripting, but didn't get too far with it. I thought about setting it to sleep, but the AI will wake up so that won't work as well.

Thanks in advance for any help :D

What sort of objective do you have in mind that you can't have a corpse over a KO'd body?

I could, because I can just change the name of corpse to what I want, but the issue I ran into was that it didn't check off. It might be that I have the objective set up wrong, but how is a shouldered AI treated? How would I be able to set an objective to tell if the AI is shouldered by the player and in the zone? (I've tried enitity and that didn't work) I'm still new with objectives for the most part, though this is the last thing I need before I can start looking for Beta testers :D (which is why I'm replying so fast lol)

Thanks for your help

Well, I looked, and there isn't a scriptevent checking to see if you have shouldered a body.

"Player possesses item atdm_ai_xXx" doesn't work, either.

Sort of seems like missing functionality. You may have to skip the "shouldered" part and just say "set his body down in this location" Too bad that's forcing the player to un-shoulder.

1. Player is in location blah

2. atdm_ai_some_person is in location blah

Success Logic: 1 AND 2

post-2515-126103803819_thumb.jpg

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

No luck for me sadly, though it could be because I'm using a ragdoll as he needs to be out before the player gets there. I'll play with it some tomorrow and maybe I'll just remove the objective if I can't get it to work.

Thanks for your help :D

Well, I looked, and there isn't a scriptevent checking to see if you have shouldered a body.

"Player possesses item atdm_ai_xXx" doesn't work, either.

Sort of seems like missing functionality. You may have to skip the "shouldered" part and just say "set his body down in this location" Too bad that's forcing the player to un-shoulder.

1. Player is in location blah

2. atdm_ai_some_person is in location blah

Success Logic: 1 AND 2

With info_tdm_objective_location (the clip brush as used in EscZone) you need to add to the object (ragdoll in this case):

objective_ent 1

That helps performance in case you have hundreds of other entities within a big clip brush. The player itself must be an exception to the above I guess.

With info_location (the one that is used to label an area within visportals) you don't need that.

Which you use depends on the area covered.

Hi Fidcal,

Thanks for the suggestion, but no luck again :( I think I may have to drop this objective unless anyone has any more ideas, as I'm at a loss.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong and pictures of how I have things set might help so:

objectives:

nfs8m0.jpg

escape:

2mebhnb.jpg

ragdoll

1z2fwxs.jpg

With info_tdm_objective_location (the clip brush as used in EscZone) you need to add to the object (ragdoll in this case):

objective_ent 1

That helps performance in case you have hundreds of other entities within a big clip brush. The player itself must be an exception to the above I guess.

With info_location (the one that is used to label an area within visportals) you don't need that.

Which you use depends on the area covered.