The Dark Mod Forums

Cam refresh issue

SneaksieDave

Hm wait a second. I might have a lead (albeit a very strange one) on this.

@greebo: I suspected maybe this has to do with the setting for Orthoview | Update Views on Camera Movement. Maybe if it was a new bug based around that setting, it would be easy to track down and fix. Sure enough, after enabling that setting, it worked as expected again. However, even after turning it back off, it still works. And after restarting.

So somehow, toggling that value in the preferences on then back off seems to have fixed the problem. :huh: Is there perhaps an old setting stored somewhere in user files that got dusty and needed updating to recent release values?

If anyone else is experiencing this, try toggling that setting.

Further info: it might be related to multi monitor settings. I am able to reliably cause the problem again if I run in dualview mode, and make it go away by going back to horizontal span mode. Hmm... I would guess that means the video settings for dualview cheat a bit to optimize draws (since it's drawing the desktop twice -- this shows performance hit for games as opposed to horizontal span), and those skipped draws are important to DR.

• 2 months later...

I have yet further info on this issue (if only because it found me just now):

While the above is true, that horizontal or dualview seemed to be at least somehow related to the problem with render or textured mode, this symptom is persistent and separate.

1. Create a bevel and select it.

2. Make it visible in both your ortho and camera views.

3. Click the ortho view so that the camera does NOT have focus

4. Hit Ctrl-I to invert the matrix of the bevel repeatedly.

Nothing visible happens.

5. Now do the same with the camera window having focus. It inverts the matrix of the bevel.

Reality is, it was always inverting the matrix, but the change doesn't show unless the camera view has focus. This is not corrected by changing horizontal span <-> dualview modes, and is not corrected with either Orthoview | Update Views on Camera Movement setting.

I'm on winxp sp3 32bit geforce 7600 driver 190.62.

• 2 weeks later...