The Dark Mod Forums

Can we have plain priest's head?

Fidcal

Looking for an old man commoner I found this head: atdm:ai_head_builder_priest which I thought showed a nodraw cap but he does seem to have the default priest hat I think. Have I missed something or can we have this? I think I can make it with a skin and new head def but just wanted to check if it was already done and I can't see it?

He's similar to the old noble but I don't think it's the same.

Do you mean #1 below?

priest_heads.jpg

That's atdm:ai_head_builder_priest_plain. There's also nobleman one that is similar with long grey hair.

I hope people are using http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Heads_Available_for_AI

It has all the heads available (except the recent pagan one).

Yes, I use that wiki article. What I wanted was the priest without any hat at all. Am I right in thinking he is different from the noble older man? They are similar but I think the priest is a bit different. So a skin with the hat set to nodraw he could be used as an alternate commoner so hey! free extra character. I have a situation where an old man in the town has some info. He is not a nobleman nor is he a priest. Probably I could give a commoner body an old noble's head but I'd like to see what the priest head would be like. I'll take a closer look to see.

Yes, looking closer I see they are the same basic face but the noble has thick grey hair while the priest does not. So I'll have a go at making a skin and head def to remove the priest's hat to see what it looks like. If OK I see no reason why both these 'old man' heads can't be used on commoners.

post-400-127392564322_thumb.jpg

So a skin with the hat set to nodraw he could be used as an alternate commoner so hey! free extra character

Trust me, if it was that easy I would have added it when I did those heads. :)

The mesh under the hat is not formed, so you'd either have a gaping hole or a deformed surface (I can't remember which).

You could easily swap the texture for the cap to something simple and brown to make it look like a commoner.