The Dark Mod Forums

Flea Circus Story

nbohr1more

The Flea Circus:

Once upon a time there was a Flea Circus operator who had the most extravagant micro-Circus ever seen. The Fleas were skilled in all manor of acrobatics and ingenuity but, by far, the star attractions were the "strong-man" Fleas. The strongest of the strong fleas could lift at least 1000x his body weight. (We'll call him "Mighty-Flea")

One day the Flea Circus operator decided to stop and visit a real Circus to compare and get inspiration for his act. While there the resident Strong Man (we'll call him "Mighty-Man") took a keen interest in "Mighty-Flea". Every time Mighty-Flea performed a practice feat of strength, Mighty-Man let out a hearty laugh. :laugh:

Mighty-Flea was very proud and would not stand for this constant ridicule so he hopped up and called to Mighty-Man in his squeaky voice, "So you think my tricks are funny? Let's have a contest to see who can lift the largest amount compared to their body weight!"

So the contest began with each lifting a small rock. Next a heavy bed... And so on until Mighty-Man relented and could not compete with Mighty-Flea. Mighty-Flea began hopping about and gloating about his victory. Just as Mighty-Flea was about to lift his final object in victory Mighty-Man squished him.

The moral of the story: No matter how strong you are there is always someone stronger?

This is a story I told the other evening but I swear I have heard it before. Am I really the original author? :huh:

Bonus: My wife thought this was a boring story, do you agree? :laugh:

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

The moral of the story: No matter how strong you are there is always someone stronger?

And that everything is relative. They flea probably could not lift the things the man could lift, but only things compared to his own mass. Also it is a story of jealousy.

This is a story I told the other evening but I swear I have heard it before. Am I really the original author? huh.gif

Well obviously you're not, if learned it from somewhere else.

Bonus: My wife thought this was a boring story, do you agree? laugh.gif

Not boring. Maybe this kind of default improvised bedtime story.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Thanks Sotha.

I will keep looking around Google to prove to my wife that this is a "classic tale" rather than some crazy (and boring) story I cooked up on my own. :laugh:

I guess we all sympathize with our little Might-Flea a little... I suppose that this story would actually be more meaningful for a guy at a bar who feels that another stronger fellow is mocking him. Too bad he would probably be too drunk to listen. (Squish!) :laugh:

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)